YUGOSLAOVIA: AUTHORITIES IN KOSOVO PROVINCE UNCOVER PLOT AND WEAPONS TO DESTABALISE PROVINCE.
- Title: YUGOSLAOVIA: AUTHORITIES IN KOSOVO PROVINCE UNCOVER PLOT AND WEAPONS TO DESTABALISE PROVINCE.
- Date: 7th April 1995
- Summary: PRISTINA, KOSOVO, YUGOSLAVIA (APRIL 7, 1995) (RTV -- ACCESS ALL) 1. CRANE FROM CAPTURED WEAPONS TO GV PRESS CONFERENCE (2 SHOTS) 0.08 2. SV DEPUTY PROSECUTOR JOVICA JOVANOVIC AT PRESS CONFERENCE HELD TO ANNOUNCE ARRESTS AND WEAPONS CAPTURED 0.16 3. SV JOURNALISTS, SEATED AT TABLE (2 SHOTS) 0.31 4. SV/VARIOUS OF CAPTURED WEAPONS AND DOCUMENTS ALLEGEDLY BELONGING TO PARAMILITARY ORGANISATION (9 SHOTS) 1.10 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVAB6T46QL3351BCX6X6UAF1DG7B
- Location: PRISTINA, KOSOVO, YUGOSLAVIA
- Country: Yugoslavia
- Duration: 00:01:09
- Story Text: Authorities in the Yugoslav province of Kosovo said on Friday (April 7) they had uncovered a plot to destabilise the province, paving the way for its secession from the rump Yugoslavia.
At a press conference in the capital Pristina, Kosovo's deputy public prosecutor Jovica Jovanovic said several members of a paramilitary organisation had been arrested and a large numbers of weapons and communication equipnment seized.
Kosovo, predominantly populated by ethnic Albanians, has long been seen by the government in Belgrade as another potential flashpoint in what is left of the rump Yugoslavia.
The whole province is under a de facto military rule, with Yugoslav authorities accusing the Albanian population of inciting moves to break away and make a union with neighbouring Albania.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:22nd April 1995 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None