BULGARIA: BULGARIAN CUSTOMS AUTHORITIES SEIZE AND DESTROY MORE MORE 100,000 PIRATE COMPACT DISCS (CD)Record ID: 639864
- Title: BULGARIA: BULGARIAN CUSTOMS AUTHORITIES SEIZE AND DESTROY MORE MORE 100,000 PIRATE COMPACT DISCS (CD)
- Date: 25th July 1997
- Summary: SUHINDOL, BULGARIA (JULY 25, 1997) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. SLV COMPACT DISCS PILED UP IN CUSTOMS HOUSE YARD 0.05 2. SLV/SV/CU CUSTOMS OFFICERS UNPACKING CDs INTO PILES (4 SHOTS) 0.29 3. CU/SLV BULLDOZER MOVES IN AND DRIVES OVER CDs, CRUSHING THEM (3 SHOTS) 0.47 4. MCU HEAD OF COPYRIGHT OFFICE OF BULGARIAN MINISTRY OF CULTURE DIMITAR ENCHEV SAYING THIS PRACTICE (DESTROYING PIRATE CD'S ) IS USUAL FOR A LOT OF COUNTRIES IN WESTERN EUROPE AND THE UNITED STATES PROBABLY. THIS IS THE FIRST CASE AND I HOPE IN THE FUTURE WE WILL TRY AND PROTECT THE COPYRIGHT OF CDs (ENGLISH) 1.12 5. CU BULLDOZER CRUSHING PILE (3 SHOTS) 1.23 6. LV BULLDOZER ON FLATTENED PILE OF PIRATE CDs 1.29 Initials P3 S3 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA6H0WCNUJNKKXWL36CTYWYK35L
- Location: SUHINDOL, BULGARIA
- Country: Bulgaria
- Duration: 00:01:29
- Story Text: As former communist regimes like Bulgaria increase their consumption of western products, the authorities find themselves coping with new types of "stolen" goods - pirate CDs.
Bulgarian customs authorities on Friday (July 25) bulldozed more than 100,000 pirate Compact Discs (CDs),seized by Bulgarian customs over the last year.
Head of the Copyright Office in the Bulgarian ministry of Culture, Dimitar Enchev, said about 100,050 compact discs were seized by Bulgarian customs in a year.
"What we are witnessing now is not a pleasant picture," he said.
Enchev said it was usual for other countries in western Europe and the United States to experience CD fraud, but this was the first time Bulgaria had faced the problem.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:9th August 1997 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None