RUSSIA: THE FOURTH DAY OF MOSCOW'S HAUTE COUTURE FEATURES RUSSIA'S IRINA KRUTIKOVA AND FRANCE'S JEAN-LOUIS SCHERRER DESIGNSRecord ID: 639881
- Title: RUSSIA: THE FOURTH DAY OF MOSCOW'S HAUTE COUTURE FEATURES RUSSIA'S IRINA KRUTIKOVA AND FRANCE'S JEAN-LOUIS SCHERRER DESIGNS
- Date: 29th November 1996
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (NOVEMBER 29, 1996) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. SLV RUSSIAN DESIGNER IRINA KRUTIKOVA FASHION SHOW BEGINS; CATWALK IN DARKNESS WITH VISUAL EFFECTS IMITATING SNOW, TWO MODELS ENTER WEARING FUR COATS 0.11 2. SLV LITTLE GIRL ENTERS WITH FUR COAT WITH TEDDY-BEAR MOTIF, MUSIC CHANTING "TEDDY"/ AUDIENCE CLAPPING 0.23 3. SV MODELS WITH RUSSIAN FUR COATS AND DISH-SHAPED HATS WITHVEILS/ AUDIENCE WATCHING 0.50 4. SLV MODELS WITH FUR COATS AND HIGH BLACK RUSSIAN-STYLE HATS 1.09 5. SLV FINALE WITH MODELS WEARING FUR COATS, AUDIENCE CLAPPING 6. JEAN-LOUIS SCHERRER FASHION SHOW; DAY TIME SUITS BEING MODELLED 2.00 7. SV MODEL IN BLACK CHINESE-STYLE COAT/ MODELS IN FUR JACKETS 8. MODEL IN EVENING DRESS MADE OUT OF ORANGE SILK AND ORGANZA/ MODEL IN SILVER SHEATH DRESS 2.15 9. SV MODELS IN BLACK AND WHITE ORGANZA EVENING DRESSES 2.22 10.SLV RED SATIN-LOOK DRESS BEING MODELLED 2.27 11.SV SCHERRER AND MODEL WEARING WEDDING DRESS, SCHERRER RECEIVING BOUQUET, AUDIENCE CLAPPING FOR FINALE OF MODELS 2.57 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA3IFEDDDNKDK85YE4YZLH8FCR
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Duration: 00:02:59
- Story Text: INTRO: The fourth day of Moscow's Haute Couture fashion week featured the collection of a home-grown designer -- Irina Krutikova, whose beautiful fur coats won over the audience.
Only a handful of Russian names are mentioned among the big ones of the fashion world. Most of them, like Soviet-era fashion stars Slava Zaitsev and Nadezhda Lamanova have already had their best days in 1970s and 1980.
Others, like Valentin Yudashkin, enjoy some popularity at home but have so far failed to set any new trends in international haute couture.
On Thursday (November 29), collections of Russian's new rising star designers, including Irina Krutikova, Yudashkin and four other young hopefuls were being paraded along with the creations of the world celebrities.
Krutikova's coats, made of the finest fur produced at Russia's world famous fur farms, were welcomed by the mostly nouveaux riches audience as they meet the seasonal demand for fashionable winter garments.
Krutikova's show was accompanied by the Russian music and visual effects imitating the snow. Chinese and Finnish motifs were also used in the collection.
International designers have also featured in Moscow's fashion week and on Friday, French designer Jean-Louis Scherrer took his fashions to the catwalk.
Scherrer's day suits were accompanied by fur scarves and the show also featured many fur jackets. Evening wear was glamorous with red satin-look ballgowns and off the shoulder silver sheath dresses.
Scherrer has several boutiques in Moscow and St. Petersburg and is one of a clutch of international designers seeking to woo Russia's newly rich.
Organised by Moscow's Mayor Yuri Luzhkov, Haute Couture week features only Russian models, and will award a 'Golden Model' prize at the end of the week.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:14th December 1996 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None