- Title: THE NETHERLANDS: WORLD'S LARGEST KITE AT KITE FESTIVAL IN SCHEVENINGEN
- Date: 2nd July 1995
- Summary: SCHEVENINGEN, THE NETHERLANDS (JULY 2, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1.SLV GIRL ON BEACH FLYING KITE 0.04 2.SV KITES IN AIR AS PEOPLE SIT ON WORLD'S LARGEST KITE PRIOR TO INFLATION (2 SHOTS) 0.16 3.SV MEN INFLATING KITE / PEOPLE HOLDING KITE DOWN (7 SHOTS) 0.54 4.SV SPECTATORS WATCHING / KITE LIFTS OFF (3 SHOTS) 1.19 5.SV KITE ENTHUSIASTS WITH KITES (3 SHOTS) 1.33 6.SV/VARIOUS KITES IN AIR / SPECTATORS WATCHING (7 SHOTS) 2.16 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA8YHQUAGLHPMB0Z4KMML1DPMNY
- Location: SCHEVENINGEN, THE NETHERLANDS
- Country: Netherlands
- Duration: 00:02:16
- Story Text: A kite with a size of 550 square metres (1,800 square feet) lifted off at the 18th annual kite festival in Scheveningen, in the Netherlands on Sunday (July 2).
It took three tons of pressure, more than 40 people and one tractor to lift the multi-coloured kite into the air.
More than 3,000 people from 15 countries participated in the three-day kiting festival.
Beach goers were entertained by kites shaped like giant blowfish, legs clad in stockings and dragons. Some of the kites were self-propelling.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:17th July 1995 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None