CONGO: FOURTH AFRO-ASIAN SOLIDARITY CONFERENCE PRECEDES SRI LANKA NON-ALIGNED NATIONS SUMMIT.Record ID: 639901
- Title: CONGO: FOURTH AFRO-ASIAN SOLIDARITY CONFERENCE PRECEDES SRI LANKA NON-ALIGNED NATIONS SUMMIT.
- Date: 3rd August 1976
- Summary: 1. GV PAN Crowd gathered outside town hall, Brazzaville 0.16 2. SV President Ngouabi of the Congo arrives and is greeted 0.21 3. GVs Ngouabi walking past spectators (2 shots) 0.34 4. SV Crowd insider hall 0.37 5. CU Ngouabi 0.42 6. SV Youssef el Sabai (Secretary General of Afro-Asian Solidarity Organisation (left) seated with Ngouabi) 0.46 7. SVs Crowd listening to Ngouabi speaking (3 shots) 1.00 8. SV Ngouabi and Sabai shaking hands 1.05 Initials BB/0020 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA3OEVW4D9AY31QK8KH78DBOUDC
- Location: BRAZZAVILLE, CONGO
- Country: Congo, Democratic Republic of
- Duration: 00:01:06
- Story Text: The fourth annual session of the Afro-Asian People's Solidarity Organisation has been taking place in Brazzaville, the Congolese capital, to prepare a programme for the Non-Aligned Nations conference in Sri Lanka later this year.
SYNOPSIS: The meeting, which closed on Friday (30 July), was attended by the President of the Congo, Marien Ngouabi, and by 80 delegates representing 12 countries and two freedom movements -- South Africa's African National Congress, and the South West African People' Organisation. The Soviet Union and East Germany were present as observers.
The delegates discussed relations among their members nations, and the evolution of socialist progression in the world. Later in the meeting, President Ngouabi was presented with the Afro-Asian Solidarity Medal in recognition of his work as a socialist leader.
The Secretary General of the Organisation, Mr. Youssef el Sabai, who sat at President Ngouabi's right hand, expressed his gratitude to the President and the people of the Congo for hosting the conference. President Ngouabi who received his solidarity Medal from M. el Sabai, thanker the Organisation for the honer. Recently, he also received the World Council of Peace medal for his work in socialism.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:18th August 1976 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None