- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: BOSNIAN SERBS LEAVE POSITIONS IN BRCKO
- Date: 10th January 1996
- Summary: ULICE SUBURB OF BRCKO, BOSNIA (JANUARY 10, 1996) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV/SLV COLUMN OF BOSNIAN SERB TANKS LINING UP ON THE ROAD IN ULICE SUBURB OF BRCKO, FLAG ON TANK/ BOSNIAN SERB SOLDIERS IN TANK (6 SHOTS) 0.22 TRACK/ GV SERB TANKS LEAVING (6 SHOTS) 0.58 2. SLV IFOR U.S. ARMOURED VEHICLES AND TRUCKS APPROACHING ON MUDDY ROAD/SLV U.S SOLDIERS (3 SHOTS) 1.21 3. SV CAPTAIN BILL LOCKORD SAYING AMERICANS ARE IMPARTIAL AND HAVE A LEGITIMATE RIGHT TO BE THERE (ENGLISH) 1.57 4. GV/SLV/PAN TROOPS SETTING UP CAMP (4 SHOTS) 2.17 SEQ.5: TRANSCRIPT; LOCKORD: "I WOULD LIKE TO EMPHASISE A FEW POINTS: ONE, WE ARE HERE BUT WE ARE IMPARTIAL TO ALL SIDES THAT ARE HERE IN THE FORMER YUGOSLAVIA. WE ARE NOT TAKING SIDES WITH ANYONE. TWO, WE HAVE A LEGITIMATE RIGHT TO BE HERE. ALL SIDES THAT SIGNED THE DAYTON PEACE ACCORD, AGREED TO ALLOW US TO COME AND IN FACT WANTED US TO COME. THREE, OUR IMPORTANT PRIORITY RIGHT NOW IS PROTECTION OF OURSELVES AND OF EVERYONE AROUND US." Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA2RCSAB8YM0XZUHAJH1MXS57LV
- Location: ULICE SUBURB OF BRCKO, BOSNIA
- Duration: 00:02:17
- Story Text: Bosnian Serb troops in the north Bosnian town of Brcko on Wednesday (January 10) left their positions in the Ulice suburb, as part of a handover to United States (U.S.) soldiers serving with the peace Implementation Force (IFOR).
Armoured vehicles from the Bosnian Serb Army, the main Bosnian Serb force in the region, moved out of Ulice in a long line and were quickly replaced by the IFOR troops.
U.S. IFOR troops soon took over the positions, thus enabling their reconnaissance mission in northern Bosnia to begin.
Captain Bill Lockord of the U.S. IFOR forces his troops were impartial.
"We have a legitimate right to be here," he added.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:25th January 1996 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None