- Title: BELGIUM: MOTO-CROSS GRAND PRIX WON BY DE COSTER.
- Date: 1st May 1973
- Summary: 1. SV Start of race riders speed past 0.11 2. MV Riders over bump (2 shots) 0.27 3. CU Spectator holds umbrella with name "Joel Robert" 0.30 4. CU No. 5 De Cooter in second hest 0.34 5. MV Spectators on bus roof 0.37 6. MV Riders leap 0.42 7. MV Spectators 0.43 8. CU No. 7 Andersson past camera 0.50 9. CU Riders round bend and over humpback (3 shots) 1.02 10. Anderson over bumps and gets flag (2 shots) 1.07 Initials BB/2144 JS/DW/BB/2203 SPORT: MOTOR CYCLE RACE Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 16th May 1973 13:00
- Location: MOLENBERGEN CIRCUIT, WUUSTWEZEL, BELGIUM
- Country: Belgium
- Reuters ID: LVAD5LATKW3WU6YUA59MS1RSJJ2Y
- Story Text: This year's Belgian 250cc Moto-Cross Grand Prix on the Molenbergen Circuit at Wuustwezel was won by home rider Roger De Coster on A Suzuki.
The race is run in two separate heats and points from each heat are then added up and count towards the world title.
Second and third were Haken Anderson of Sweden on a Yamaha and Heikki Mikkola of Finland on a Husqvarna.
The race also marked the exit of six-times world champ on Joel Robert from this year's world title fight. Robert, another Belgian, has won the world title for the lest five years in succession. His other title success -- his first -- was in 1964.
Now that he has decided not to compete in the rest of the races in this year's calendar, the favourite for the title is De Coster. Robert drooped out during the first heat of this year's race because of a recurring injury.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None