- Title: GERMANY: RIDDICK BOWE VISITS US TROOPS
- Date: 3rd March 1993
- Summary: FRANKFURT, GERMANY (MARCH 3, 1993) 1. RIDDICK BOWE WALKING ACROSS RUNWAY WITH ROCK NEWMAN AND TROOPS 2. BOWE CLIMBS INSIDE HERCULES 3. BOWE TALKING TO AMERICAN SERVICEMEN 4. BOWE SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS 5. BOWE PRESENTED WITH BADGE 6. BOWE GETS OUT OF PLANE Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 18th March 1993 12:00
- Location: FRANKFURT, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Reuters ID: LVA9XYIOVQ0GR6I8BZ76JZNODX30
- Story Text: World heavyweight boxing champion, Riddick Bowe of the United States continued his world tour with a visit to Frankfurt on Wednesday (March 3).
Frankfurt is the latest stop on Bowe's foreign tour, which has included meetings with Nelson Mandela, President of the African National Congress (ANC) and Pope Paul II.
Bowe is holder of the World Boxing Association (WBA) and International Boxing Federation (IBF) versions of the title.
At the Rhein-Mein airbase, the American boxer met with the US servicemen who are operating the airlift of humanitarian supplies to Bosnia. Bowe was shown inside one of the planes from the small fleet of C-130 hercules aircraft dropping some 80 tonnes of food and medical supplies to Bosnian civilians, and talked informally to the crew members and signed autographs.
Bowe's next fight is expected to be a rematch with Evander Holyfield in June. Bowe's manager, Rock Newman says he is close to finalizing a deal for a pay-per-view bout against Holyfield, probably in Las Vegas. Newman says Kenya is also a possible venue.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None