- Title: MALAYSIA: Golf course.
- Date: 19th April 1976
- Summary: Roll 1 v.s. of the canteen on the side of the golf course, people seated in side of the canteen etc. v.s. of the golfers on the field. v.s. of the wooden hut (blue, white and red top roof, is a resting and shelter place for the golfers. It is situated at every starting points.) in the middle is a square box, for littering. v.s. of the old building site, old road leading to the site, water tank, pipe stand etc. is still remain there, which you can see in the film v.s. of the men make pond garden in front of the golf club house. LS of the culb house building. v.s. of the dinning hall bar. (continue in roll 2.) roll 2. v.s. the dinning hall bar outside the building surrounding. v.s. of the club house top and pan to the golf field. v.s. of the children play ground. v.s. of the swimming pool. v.s. of the visitor waiting room. v.s. of the men's bar. v.s. of the man make garden in from of the club house. v.s. of the lawn tennis courts and pan to swimming pool. v.s. of the people on the street and five foot way. roll 3. v.s. of the multi-story office building going up. v.s. of the multi-story flats. v.s. of the multi story shopping and office complex under construction. v.s. of the K.L. race course. v.s. of the bird eye view of Kuala Lumpur. v.s. of China town, and street stalls Initials Attached in the history of the golf club and the development, and hope you will find them useful. the club was opened by Tuanku Abdul Halim Min Adzan Shah Ibin Almarham Sultan Badlighah (Kelantan, Pahang.) i.e. the former Agong (King) of Bahang. Opening the club house on the 23/9/71. Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 4th May 1976 13:00
- Location: Subang national golf course, K.L.
- Country: Malaysia
- Reuters ID: LVA5POGMX2F2UW3KDP1QAB2IY26U
- Story Text: The Subang National Golf Club Course which has grown up to be one of the best course in Malaysia is located on the way to the Subang International Airport about ten miles from the city, Kuala Lumpur.
This course which was one time a rubber estate was converted into a golf course in 1905 by the first Malaysian Prime Minister, Tengku Abdul Rahman.
This was his own which he fulfilled himself.
The over-all cost to developed the course cost the Club half a million Malaysian Dollars.
The estate officer's bungalows were used as the club house temporarily till the club building costing another half a million was build in 1970.
This sharp-roof shaped building called the "Memong Rerbau" costing another half a million Malaysian dollars was planed by an architect who went down to Philippines.
The old bungalows were pulled down and the old roads leading to them were dagged out to expand the course.
This course at present has got 27 holes. The 1st nine holds named as the Agong's nine. The second nine as the Tengku's nine. The third as the Tun Razak's nine. The last nine under construction will be ready soon to make the total to be 36 holes. The course has got one of its best green's in the country which are all been well marched in which all golfers love to putt.
The mid-course is quite rough and tough.
At present the club has got a total of two thousand members which is still expanding.
The fees for the registration as a member being ???$1,000/ -- and a monthly subscription of ???$30/ --.
The total distance of best 18 holes being 7263 years and of a par 72.
The building has also got a swimming pool, two tennis courts, a dinning hall bar, Men's bar, a visitors waiting room etc.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None