- Title: SWITZERLAND: MOTOR SHOW
- Date: 4th March 2003
- Summary: (U3) GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (MARCH 4, 2003)(REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 1. PAN OF GENEVA SHOW STANDS 0.10 2. SLV/SV OF NEW AUDI A3 (3 SHOTS) 0.27 3. SLV/SV/CU OF AUDI NEW MODEL NUVOLARI QUATTRO (4 SHOTS) 0.49 4. SV/SLV/CU VOLKSWAGEN TORAN COMPACT VAN (3 SHOTS) 1.08 5. SLV/CU NEW FERRARI UNVEILED (3 SHOTS) 1.25 6. PAN/SLV/SV PRESIDENT OF FERRARI LUCA DI MONTEZOMOLO PRESENTING THE NEW FERRARI CHALLENGE STRADALE (3 SHOTS) 1.46 7. MCU (Italian) DI MONTEZOMOLO SAYING: "It's a beautiful car, with extraordinary power - at least 18 horsepower per litre and that's with the turbo. It's a feat of really advanced technology. It started with Formula One cars, so it's come from Formula One. It's an amazing feat in which we have a lot of faith." 2.08 8. CU OF FERRARI 2.12 9. LV OF MOTOR SHOW STANDS 2.17 10. SV OF PEOPLE LOOKING AT FERRARI 2.21 11. SV/LV/SLV RENAULT CHAIRMAN AND CEO LOUIS SCHWEITZER LOOKING AT CARS/ VARIOUS OF NEW RENAULT (5 SHOTS) 2.47 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 19th March 2003 12:00
- Location: GENEVA, SWITZERLAND
- Country: Switzerland
- Reuters ID: LVABI5ERKV9MOR7BOL2MJ4D6BH9P
- Story Text: More than 700,000 car lovers are expected to visit the
show which opened on Tuesday (March 4) with a preview for
journalists, and which is one of world's biggest.
Almost 300 auto makers from some 30 countries have
gathered in Geneva for the ten-day event.
This year there will be the usual mix of innovative,
futuristic, affordable and not-so-affordable cars. Organisers
are promising to unveil car prototypes and the latest in-car
Mercedes Benz, Ferrari, Renault, Bentley, Toyota, Honda,
BMW, Fiat and Ford are some of the auto-makers displaying
their latest models.
Carmakers hope the new offerings can snatch a bigger share
of a market that many expect to be stagnant for the third year
in a row.
The ten-day show opens to the public on Thursday (March 6)
after the preview for reporters on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None