- Title: IRAQ: SNOW FALLS ON MOSUL
- Date: 11th February 2005
- Summary: (EU) MOSUL, IRAQ (FEBRUARY 9, 2005) (REUTERS) 1. SNOWFALL 2. VARIOUS OF CARS IN THE STREETS 3. VARIOUS OF PEOPLE IN THE STREETS 1.06 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 26th February 2005 12:00
- Location: MOSUL, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Reuters ID: LVAEKKWTWQRMIWLN7RTNSQSY2CAQ
- Story Text: Snow falls on Mosul.
Unusual conditions caused snow to fall on the Iraqi city of Mosul on
Wednesday (February 9, 2005), providing a brief respite from violence.
There are regular snowfalls in the mountainous Kurdish region to the
north, but Mosul residents said they had little experience of snow.
The Iraqi climate in general produces hot, dry summers and very cold
winters, but Mosul is not high enough or far enough north to produce regular
But there are regular attacks on Iraqi and U.S.-led forces in and
Also, gunmen in Mosul tampered with a number of ballot boxes on
election day (January 30), prompting the commission to recheck other boxes at
random and contributing to a delay in the announcement of the final count,
which had been expected by Thursday (February 10).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None