USA: A wax statue of Britney Spears that features heaving breasts is unveiled at Madame Tussauds in New YorkRecord ID: 662411
- Title: USA: A wax statue of Britney Spears that features heaving breasts is unveiled at Madame Tussauds in New York
- Date: 27th May 2006
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (English) TONY LIENES SAYING: "Yeah, it looks a lot like her. I especially like the breathing chest and all that. That's hot."
- Reuters ID: LVABV48Y4Z8U66LD6GIG7YWEYKI0
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Duration: 00:00:06
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment / Showbiz
- Story Text: Need a closer peak at the world's biggest pop princess? Madame Tussauds in New York unveiled their latest wax creation on Thursday (May 25): a "vintage" Britney Spears, complete with robotic heaving breasts.
The wax figure features Spears suspended upside down from a stripper pole, appearing as she looked in 2000, before getting married or having a child. Scantily clad in a gold two-piece outfit, the figure features animatronic technology that allows its breasts to heave up and down.
Director of Marketing and Sales for Madame Tussauds New York, Stacy Shuster said the figure is meant to show Spears at the height of her career. "The pose that Britney is in right now is full show mode. So the heaving chest is exactly how she would be singing a song if you were to see her in a show. So we're giving guests an opportunity to see Britney in show mode when they might not get to a show," said Shuster.
Spears' appearance, lifestyle, and mothering skills have recently been the subject of media scrutiny. According to Madame Tussauds, the classic-looking Spears is part of their "Bring Back Britney" campaign, meant to encourage the pop idol to return to her formal life as a sexy starlet.
Shuster could not say whether Spears accepted an invitation to pose for the piece, but did say that Madame Tussauds always alerts a celebrity about their intentions to build a wax replica. If the celebrity is unavailable, extensive research is done for the wax re-creation. Said Shuster, "We do it from unbelievable amounts of research, video tape, stills, all of that. So we get an incredibly life-like likeness of the celebrity."
The chest-throbbing figure was a hit with fans visiting Madame Tussauds. Maureen Yutzler was amazed at the likeness to the real Spears. She said, "Oh, I think it's really good. I really love the heaving chest thing. I think it's really cool."
Another fan, Tony Lienes was equally impressed. "Yeah, it looks a lot like her. I especially like the breathing chest and all that. That's hot," said Lienes.
Two other wax replicas of Spears are installed at Madame Tussauds London and Las Vegas, but the New York figure is the only one to feature the 'life-like' heavy breathing.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:11th June 2006 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None