- Title: BMW launches Indonesia-assembled 7 series
- Date: 30th November 2016
- Summary: SIGN READING (English) “THE ALL-NEW BMW 7 SERIES” (SOUNDBITE) (English) BMW MANAGING DIRECTOR ASIA, AXEL PANNES SAYING: "For us it's normally the growth of the middle class and this comes with GDP growth, and when you see the long term perspective for Indonesia we are very positive."
- Embargoed: 15th December 2016 10:59
- Keywords: Indonesia BMW luxury brand car auto vehicle lauching ceremony
- Location: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- City: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- Country: Indonesia
- Reuters ID: LVA0035AMXVLZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: BMW Indonesia launched its locally-assembled 7 series models on Wednesday (November 30) with high expectations for the future of the luxury car market.
BMW Asia Managing Director Axel Pannes said that Indonesia, as one of biggest economic and populous countries in the world, has become the fertile market.
"We definitely have a big expectation for the future because Indonesia is one of the biggest countries in the world and we also see that the economy is growing, maybe not as quick as some other markets in the region at the moment. But we are very positive about the future of Indonesia and therefore we also seeing increase potential in the luxury market." Pannes said at an event to launch the locally-assembled luxury brand vehicle.
Indonesia ranks top for total population among ASEAN nations and fourth in the world as the promising market for transportation through economic growth.
"For us it's normally the growth of the middle class and this comes with GDP growth, and when you see the long term perspective for Indonesia we are very positive," added Pannes.
In 2015, the BMW group sold about 2.247million cars and 137,000 motorcycles worldwide.
As a global company the BMW group operates 30 production and assembly facilities in 14 countries including Indonesia with more than 140 countries in its sales network.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None