- Title: File footage of events following the disappearance of Flight MH370
- Date: 1st December 2016
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (FILE - MARCH 18, 2014) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** FAMILY MEMBERS SHOUTING AT REPRESENTATIVES VARIOUS OF FAMILIES SEATED AND STANDING IN ROOM SHOUTING (Mandarin): "KEEP PROTESTING, RESPECT LIFE, DON'T LET THEM BE VICTIMS OF POLITICS, TELL US THE TRUTH" Angry Chinese family members gather in a Beijing hotel, chanting slogans and calling for a hunger strike until the Malaysian government tells them the truth about the fate of loved ones aboard missing Flight MH370. SEPANG, MALAYSIA (FILE - MARCH 19, 2014) (REUTERS) MEDIA GATHERED IN ROOM MEDIA GATHERED AROUND WOMAN CRYING MEDIA FILMING CRYING WOMAN WHOSE SON WAS ON BOARD THE MISSING MALAYSIAN PLANE BEING LED AWAY MEDIA GATHERED AROUND TWO WOMEN SAYING (Mandarin) "WHERE IS THE PLANE?" MEDIA FILMING TWO WOMEN BEING LED AWAY Relatives of Chinese passengers on board missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 head to Sepang to demand answers on the location of the plane. PERTH, AUSTRALIA (FILE - MARCH 20, 2014) (REUTERS) P3 ORION TAXIING AFTER LANDING AT PEARCE AIR FORCE BASE
- Embargoed: 16th December 2016 00:59
- Keywords: MH370 Malaysia Malaysia Airlines plane crash debris search
- Location: SEPANG, PUTRAJAYA, KUALA LUMPUR, SUBANG, MALAYSIA / HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM / AT SEA / BEIJING, CHINA / PERTH, AUSTRALIA / SAINT-ANDRE, REUNION / MAPUTO, MOZAMBIQUE / WARTBURG NEAR PIETERMARITZBURG, SOUTH AFRICA
- City: SEPANG, PUTRAJAYA, KUALA LUMPUR, SUBANG, MALAYSIA / HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM / AT SEA / BEIJING, CHINA / PERTH, AUSTRALIA / SAINT-ANDRE, REUNION / MAPUTO, MOZAMBIQUE / WARTBURG NEAR PIETERMARITZBURG, SOUTH AFRICA
- Country: Malaysia
- Reuters ID: LVA0035B1X3D3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS MATERIAL WHICH WAS ORIGINALLY 4:3
Families and relatives of passengers aboard the missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 plan to start a journey to Africa, marking 1,000 days on December 3 since the plane disappeared and to continue the search for their loved ones.
Representatives of Voice 370, a group formed by families and relatives, will depart Kuala Lumpur on (Saturday) December 3 for Madagascar to search for debris from the jet, hoping to find more clues about the missing plane.
The latest report into missing MH370 said an additional analysis of satellite communications from the aircraft was consistent with it being in a high and increasing rate of descent" when it vanished.
The report by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB), which is leading the search for MH370, said additional analysis of wing flap debris found the aircraft was not configured for landing.
Both pieces of information support the agency's long-held view that an unpiloted MH370 descended rapidly after running out of fuel with no human intervention.
Flight MH370, carrying 239 passengers and crew, disappeared on March 8, 2014 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. A wing part, known as a flaperon, washed up on the French island of Reunion in July 2015.
Investigators believe that someone may have deliberately switched off the aircraft's transponder, diverted it off course and deliberately crashed it into the sea.
An underwater search operation is underway for the aircraft, which disappeared two years ago, spanning 120,000 square kilometres of the southern Indian Ocean.
According to Malaysian state news agency Bernama, Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said the meeting would focus on what to do once the search of the designated area is completed.
The search, which was originally scheduled to end in June, was hampered by bad weather and was due to resume in October, he added.
The Australian Transport Safety Bureau had previously said Australia had agreed with China and Malaysia not to extend the search beyond 120,000 sq km.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None