- Title: French singer Michel Polnareff between life and death, medical report says
- Date: 5th December 2016
- Summary: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (FILE - NOVEMBER 17, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** FRENCH POP SINGER MICHEL POLNAREFF WAVING AT CROWD FROM 15TH CENTURY CITY HALL BALCONY POLNAREFF WAVING, SAYING FROM BALCONY (French): "I love you" POLNAREFF AND BRUSSELS MAYOR, YVAN MAYEUR, ENTERING RECEPTION ROOM / PEOPLE CLAPPING POLNAREFF WALKING TOWARDS STAGE POLNAREFF SHAKING HANDS WITH MEMBERS OF "THE FRIENDS OF MANNEKEN-PIS," AN ORGANISATION IN CHARGE OF MANAGING THE MANNEKEN PIS STATUE'S COSTUMES POLNAREFF HOLDING COSTUME DESIGNED ACCORDING TO HIS STYLE, WAVING AT PHOTOGRAPHERS POLNAREFF'S SON LOUKA WEARING GLASSES IDENTICAL TO HIS FATHER'S POLNAREFF HOLDING CERTIFICATE HE RECEIVED FROM A MEMBER OF THE "FRIENDS OF MANNEKEN-PIS ORDER' VARIOUS OF POLNAREFF SIGNING VISITORS BOOK POLNAREFF'S SIGNATURE ON BOOK POLNAREFF WALKING TOWARDS MANNEKEN PIS STATUE HIDDEN BEHIND BRUSSELS' FLAG FLAG BEING REMOVED TO UNVEIL MANNEKEN PIS STATUE DRESSED AS POLNAREFF CROWD TAKING PICTURES OF POLNAREFF (SOUNDBITE) (French) FRENCH POP SINGER, MICHEL POLNAREFF, SAYING: "I love it. I love it. It's great fun, great fun." VARIOUS OF MANNEKEN PIS STATUE DRESSED AS POLNAREFF
- Embargoed: 20th December 2016 15:03
- Keywords: France French Singer Michel Polnareff Hospital Belgium Music Pop
- Location: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
- City: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
- Country: Belgium
- Reuters ID: LVA0015BLYUL5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French singer Michel Polnareff was between life and death on Monday (December 5), a medical report said.
The report, sent to Reuters by Polnareff's press person and issued by the American Hospital of Paris, said that medical exams had shown he was suffering from a pulmonary embolism that put his life at risk.
Polnareff, 72, rose to prominence in 1966 with the song "La Poupee qui fait non" ("The Doll That Says No"), where he was accompanied by future Led Zeppelin band members Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.
During a recent visit to Brussels, he was honoured by the Belgian capital which dressed up its iconic bronze statue of a boy urinating, the Manneken Pis, in a sized-down version of one of the singer's exuberant stage costumes.
Known for his colourful outfits, Polnareff followed up with many more French chart hits such as 'Mes regrets', 'Le Bal des Laze' and 'Lettre a France'.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None