- Title: Royal waxworks wear Xmas jumpers for charity at Madame Tussauds
- Date: 6th December 2016
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (DECEMBER 6, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF EXTERIOR OF MADAME TUSSAUDS VARIOUS OF SANTA WAXWORK WITH SELFIE STICK IN FRONT OF ROYAL WAXWORKS CORGI JUMPER ON WAXWORK OF THE QUEEN THE QUEEN, DUCHESS AND DUKE OF CAMBRIDGE WAX WORKS IN CHRISTMAS JUMPERS QUEEN WAXWORK (SOUNDBITE) (English) HEAD OF PR AT SAVE THE CHILDREN, HELENA WILTSHIRE, SAYING: "Everybody loves the royals and everybody loves the corgis so for us it's just been extremely important to have their contributions to the campaign. We actually wrote to them and asked them specifically if we could put their wax models in Christmas jumpers and they were really happy to support us so we're over the moon." DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CORNWALL, DUKE OF EDINBURGH AND QUEEN WAX WORKS PAN OF DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE WAXWORK PRINCE HARRY WAXWORK VARIOUS OF WORKER PUTTING EARING ON QUEEN'S EAR PAN ON DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CORNWALL WAXWORK (SOUNDBITE) (English) SENIOR PR MANAGER - MADAME TUSSAUDS LONDON, NICOLE FENNER, SAYING: "It's hugely important for us at Madame Tussauds London to be working with Save The Children this Christmas in support of their Christmas jumper day on Friday 16th of December and as you can see behind me we've had a little bit of royal help along the way. We're actually delighted to dress our royal figures. We've never done this before. They've never worn anything else apart from than the normal clothes they are wearing in attraction." VARIOUS OF CORGIS WITH WAX WORKS WAXWORKS OF BRITAIN'S ROYAL FAMILY IN CHRISTMAS JUMPERS
- Embargoed: 21st December 2016 13:55
- Keywords: Britain Royals Duchess of Cambridge Duke of Cambridge Prince Harry Queen Wax Charity Madame Tussauds Corgis Save The Children
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Reuters ID: LVA0015BQXUU1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The waxwork figures of The Queen and her family were festively decorated with kitsch Christmas jumpers on Tuesday to help raise awareness of a children's charity appeal.
The 90-year-old's waxwork at London's Madame Tussauds will be dressed in a green jumper with a picture of a corgi dog on the front to mark Save the Children's annual Christmas Jumper Day on Dec. 16.
The figures of Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge have been moved together to jointly wear a large double jumper.
"Everybody loves the royals and everybody loves the corgis so for us it's just been extremely important to have their contributions to the campaign," Save the Children's head of public relations, Helena Wiltshire, said.
The waxworks of the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry were also dressed in Christmas tops and will be on display throughout December.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None