- Title: Bayern faces Atletico without Boateng
- Date: 5th December 2016
- Summary: MUNICH, GERMANY (DECEMBER 5, 2016) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF EXTERIOR OF HEADQUARTERS OF BAYERN MUNICH PLAYERS GATHER FOR BRIEFING PLAYER AT BRIEFING (AMONGST THEM DEFENDER PHILIPP LAHM, DEFENDER HOLGER BADSTUBER, MIDFIELDER JOSHUA KIMMICH, STRIKER THOMAS MUELLER) WIDE PLAYERS AT BRIEFING COACH CARLO ANCELOTTI PLAYERS WARMING UP (AMONGST THEM DEFENDER RAFINHA, MIDFIELDER FRANCK RIBERY, MIDFIELDER ARTURO VIDAL, DEFENDER DAVID ALABA) ANCELOTTI LOOKING ON MIDFIELDER RENATO SANCHES AND DEFENDER JUAN BERNAT KIMMICH, DEFENDER JEROME BOATENG, BADSTUBER MIDFIELDER ARJEN ROBBEN AND LAHM CAMERAS VARIOUS PLAYERS ROBBEN PLAYERS AND PAN TO GOAL CAMERA AND PITCH IN BACKGROUND ANCELOTTI LOOKING ON PHOTOGRAPHERS BOATENG, ROBBEN, MUELLER MEDIA PLAYERS
- Embargoed: 20th December 2016 14:04
- Keywords: soccer Champions League Bayern Munich Atletico
- Location: MUNICH, GERMANY
- City: MUNICH, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Reuters ID: LVA0015BLWVGF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Bayern Munich go into their Champions League match against Group D winners Atletico Madrid on Tuesday (December 5) looking for a confidence boosting victory ahead of the knockout round.
Atletico are looking to make it six out of six wins in this season's Champions League while Bayern, who have also already qualified for the next stage, are six points behind Atletico in second place.
While the outcome of the match will have no significance in the table Bayern will be looking to maintain their unbeaten Champions League run at home in the Allianz Arena, where they have not lost a game in the competition since being beaten by Real Madrid in 2014.
"It is a very important match," Bayern coach Carlo Ancelotti told reporters. "Atletico are one of the best teams in Europe, one has to say, and the game tomorrow will help us to build up more confidence after the two wins we had. We want to continue this and give a good performance tomorrow."
Bayern lie second in the German league but Ancelotti has seen his side win their last two games after altering his formations.
"We have different options we can play with. We have the options, the team has the skills for it. We can play 4:3:3 or 4:3:2:1. If we play 4:3:2:1 then we are deeper upfront, attacking. If we play 4:3:3 then we play more for ball possession. It depends on the games we play. We can play various systems," the Italian said.
Bayern will be without defender Jerome Boateng who misses the game with a minor muscle injury.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None