- Title: IOC to test all samples of all Russian athletes from London 2012 Games
- Date: 9th December 2016
- Summary: PULLY, SWITZERLAND (DECEMBER 9, 2016) (REUTERS) INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE (IOC) BUILDING IOC PRESIDENT THOMAS BACH ARRIVING FOR STATEMENT
- Embargoed: 24th December 2016 17:05
- Keywords: IOC WADA Doping Thomas Bach
- Location: PULLY, SWITZERLAND
- City: PULLY, SWITZERLAND
- Country: Switzerland
- Reuters ID: LVA0015C5Z39B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The International Olympic Committee (IOC) will test all samples of all Russian athletes who took part in the 2012 London Olympics following a report that showed more than 1,000 Russian competitors were involved in an institutional conspiracy to conceal positive drug tests, President Thomas Bach said on Friday (December 9).
"Professor McLaren's completed report demonstrates a fundamental attack on the integrity of sport. For me, as an Olympian, any athlete or official who took part in such a sophisticated manipulation system should be excluded for life from any participation in the Olympic Games in whatever capacity. In collaboration with Professor McLaren, the IOC will now examine all samples of all Russian athletes having participated in the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014," Bach told reporters.
"I have also today extended the mandate of the disciplinary commission to test all samples of all Russian athletes having participated in the Olympic Games London 2012."
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None