- Title: Antigua and Barbuda puts on sports show for Prince Harry
- Date: 21st November 2016
- Summary: ST. JOHN'S, ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA (NOVEMBER 21, 2016) (REUTERS) MOTORCADE ARRIVING WITH PRINCE HARRY EXITING VEHICLE VARIOUS OF PRINCE WITH GOVERNOR-GENERAL RODNEY WILLIAMS VARIOUS OF PRINCE WITH FORMER CRICKET PLAYERS FROM LEFT TO RIGHT, SIR CURTLY AMBROSE, SIR ANDY ROBERTS AND SIR VIVIAN RICHARDS CRICKET BAT SIGNED BY SIR VIVIAN RICHARDS PRINCE HARRY TAKING SWING WITH BAT CRICKET PLAYERS FROM LEFT TO RIGHT, SIR ANDY ROBERTS AND SIR VIVIAN RICHARDS VARIOUS OF PRINCE POSING FOR PHOTO WITH CRICKET PLAYERS VARIOUS OF PRINCE AND GOVERNOR GENERAL WATCHING GIRLS PLAY BASKETBALL GIRLS LINING UP FOR PASSING DRILL VARIOUS OF PRINCE IN PASSING DRILL VARIOUS OF YOUTH BOXING VARIOUS OF PRINCE TALKING WITH BOXING COACH AND YOUTH BOXER VARIOUS OF PRINCE POSING FOR PHOTO WITH BOXING GROUP SIGN THAT READS "SIR ANDY ROBERTS END" STANDS IN STADIUM SIGN THAT READS "SIR CURTLY AMBROSE END" WIDE OF STANDS IN STADIUM VARIOUS OF YOUTH PLAYING CRICKET VARIOUS OF PRINCE PLAYING CRICKET VARIOUS OF PRINCE POSING FOR PHOTO WITH CRICKET PLAYERS VARIOUS OF PRINCE SEATED FOR GROUP PHOTO-OP (SOUNDBITE) (English) COLIN JAMES, PARLIAMENTARY SECRETARY FOR MINISTRY OF SPORT, SAYING: "As we have witnessed the talents and ambitions of some of our best young athletes, and you being an ardent sports lover, because you introduced the Invictus Games which is for (unintelligible) challenged athletes, it shows that from your convictions and your determination and your commitment that sport transcends all (unintelligible) and also gives us that ability to identify ourselves as a country and as a nation." PRINCE WALKING OUT OF TUNNEL PRINCE WAVING BYE, GETTING INTO MOTORCADE, DRIVING AWAY
- Embargoed: 6th December 2016 16:49
- Keywords: Antigua Antigua and Barbuda Prince Harry Royals Prince Harry Caribbean tour sports cricket Sir Vivian Richards
- Location: ST. JOHN’S, ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
- City: ST. JOHN’S, ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
- Country: Antigua and Barbuda
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Royals
- Reuters ID: LVA00159E2DS7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Prince Harry spoke with former cricket players and played a bit of volleyball and cricket as Antigua and Barbuda put on a sports show for him Monday (November 21), the second day of his 14 day official visit to the Caribbean.
His royal Highness started his first morning in Antigua at a Youth Sports Festival at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium where he was hosted by three of Antigua and Barbuda's cricketing legends - Sir Vivian Richards, Sir Andy Roberts and Sir Curtly Ambrose.
Together they toured the grounds of the stadium, meeting local children and young people so Prince Harry could see and participate in some of the national sports played in the region.
Prince Harry will visit seven countries on this trip. This is his second official visit to the Caribbean.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None