- Title: Polish PM visits Yad Vashem and Jerusalem's Western Wall
- Date: 22nd November 2016
- Summary: ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF CHOIR SINGING AT MEMORIAL
- Embargoed: 7th December 2016 17:29
- Keywords: Israel Poland Jerusalem Yad Vashem Holocaust Western Wall
- Location: JERUSALEM
- City: JERUSALEM
- Country: Israel
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA00259J0DO9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Poland's prime minister, Beata Szydlo visited on Tuesday (November 22) Yad Vashem Holocaust museum and the Western Wall in Jerusalem's Old City during a two day visit to Israel to strengthen bilateral ties.
Szydlo visited Yad Vashem's museum of 'Hall of Names', where the round walls are covered with hundreds of photos of victims of the Nazis.
She then attended a ceremony at the museum's Hall of Remembrance, where she laid a wreath and participated in an 'eternal flame' lighting to commemorate 6 million Jews killed by the Nazis during WWII.
Szydlo, accompanied by a delegation of Polish ministers, including the defence and foreign ministers, met earlier on Tuesday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Israeli ministers in Jerusalem in the third G2G meeting aimed at strengthening cooperation in science, technology, economy, cyberspace, defence and culture.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.