- Title: Obama and EU leaders arrive for meeting at German chancellery
- Date: 18th November 2016
- Summary: BERLIN, GERMANY (NOVEMBER 18, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** CARS DRIVING SECURITY PEOPLE ON ROOFTOP U. S. FLAG POLICEMEN WAITING ON MOTORCYCLES TOURISTS VARIOUS OF MOTORCADE OF U. S. PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA DRIVING TOURISTS WAVING MOTORCADE OF U.S. PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA DRIVING VARIOUS OF GERMAN CHANCELLOR ANGELA MERKEL WELCOMING SPANISH PRIME MINISTER MARIANO RAJOY AT CHANCELLERY VARIOUS OF MERKEL WELCOMING BRITISH PRIME MINISTER THERESA MAY AT THE CHANCELLERY VARIOUS OF MERKEL WELCOMING ITALIAN PRIME MINISTER MATTEO RENZI AT THE CHANCELLERY VARIOUS OF MERKEL WELCOMING FRENCH PRESIDENT FRANCOIS HOLLANDE AT THE CHANCELLERY GERMAN AND EU-FLAG MOTORCADE OF U.S. PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA DRIVING VARIOUS OF MERKEL WELCOMING U.S. PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA AT THE CHANCELLERY LIMOUSINE DRIVING OFF
- Embargoed: 3rd December 2016 10:09
- Keywords: Obama Merkel Renzi Hollande meeting Berlin Rajoy May
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- City: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA00158Z0Z0N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:U.S. President Barack Obama and other EU leaders arrived for meetings at the German chancellery in Berlin on Friday (November 18).
They were greeted by German Chancellor Angela Merkel upon arrival and posed for the media on the red carpet.
Obama will hold talks with Merkel, as well as French President Francois Hollande, Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi, Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy and British Prime Minister Theresa May.
On Thursday (November 17), Obama gave a strong endorsement of Merkel and used the visit to Berlin to warn Russia about consequences for intervening in the U.S. election and prod Donald Trump to hold firm against Moscow.
Obama expressed hope that the New York businessman, who has never previously held public office, would jettison controversial campaign rhetoric when he enters the White House and keeps democratic values in mind as he chooses his staff.
Obama is scheduled to leave Berlin later on Friday for Peru, the final stop on his trip.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None