- Title: NYC wants to be reimbursed for money spent on Trump security
- Date: 18th November 2016
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (NOVEMBER 17, 2016) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF NYPD OFFICERS OUTSIDE TRUMP TOWER
- Embargoed: 3rd December 2016 21:12
- Keywords: NYPD police Trump Midtown Manhattan security
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics,Elections/Voting
- Reuters ID: LVA00158Z4BWN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: New York City soon will begin discussions with the federal government to reimburse the city for the costs of protecting President-elect Donald Trump.
Speaking to journalists at a news conference at City Hall on Friday (November 18), New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said "I want to note that this is a very substantial undertaking. It will take substantial resources and we will begin the conversation with the federal government shortly on reimbursement for the NYPD for some of the costs that we are incurring."
"Those conversations will begin in earnest soon," he added.
They mayor did not specify how much money he will seek from the federal government.
Since the election of Trump for U.S. President, heightened security around Trump Tower in Midtown Manhattan has included heavily armed police officers, as well as, metal and concrete barricades in front of the building on Fifth Avenue.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None