- Title: Prince William meets Vietnamese PM in Hanoi during wildlife protection visit
- Date: 16th November 2016
- Summary: HANOI, VIETNAM (NOVEMBER 16, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** EXTERIOR OF GOVERNMENT OFFICE MOTORCADE ARRIVING THE DUKE OF CAMBRIDGE PRINCE WILLIAM STEPPING OUT OF CAR HONOUR GUARDS PRINCE WILLIAM WALKING UP STAIRS VIETNAM NATIONAL EMBLEM VARIOUS OF PRINCE WILLIAM SHAKING HANDS WITH VIETNAMESE PRIME MINISTER NGUYEN XUAN PHUC STATUE OF HO CHI MINH MEETING ROOM PHUC SPEAKING PRINCE WILLIAM LISTENING PHUC SPEAKING PRINCE WILLIAM LISTENING VIETNAMESE DELEGATION PRINCE WILLIAM SPEAKING MEETING IN PROGRESS PRINCE WILLIAM WALKING WITH UK AMBASSADOR TO VIETNAM GILES LEVER VARIOUS OF PRINCE WILLIAM WALKING EXTERIOR OF PRESIDENTIAL PALACE PRINCE WILLIAM WALKING IN / SHAKING HANDS WITH VIETNAMESE VICE PRESIDENT DANG THI NGOC THINH THINH SPEAKING PRINCE WILLIAM LISTENING PRINCE WILLIAM AND THINH AT MEETING VIETNAMESE DELEGATION PRINCE WILLIAM SPEAKING THINH LISTENING BRITISH DELEGATION MEETING IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 1st December 2016 08:13
- Keywords: Prince William Vietnam Hanoi Prime Minister wildlife protection
- Location: HANOI, VIETNAM
- City: HANOI, VIETNAM
- Country: Vietnam
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Royals
- Reuters ID: LVA00158P0KEF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Britain's Duke of Cambridge Prince William arrived in Vietnam on Wednesday (November 16) for a trip aimed at raising awareness for wildlife protection.
He met Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc at the Government House in Hanoi and Vice President Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh at the Presidential Palace.
Prince William is visiting the Southeast Asian country to attend the third Illegal Wildlife Trade Conference, and to encourage people to stamp out the use of endangered animal parts, like rhino horns, in traditional medicine.
The use and trading of rhino horn is a criminal offence in Vietnam, but demand is strong due to a long-held belief in its medicinal power as an elixir, especially among the country's growing middle and upper classes.
Prince William will be in Vietnam until Thursday (November 17).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None