- Title: Audrey Tautou lights up Christmas displays and tree at Paris' Galeries Lafayette
- Date: 8th November 2016
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (NOVEMBER 8, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** EXTERIOR OF GALERIES LAFAYETTE DEPARTMENT STORE LOGO READING (French): "Extra polar Christmas" FRENCH ACTRESS, AUDREY TAUTOU, ARRIVING ON STAGE AND GREETING CHAIRMAN OF GALERIES LAFAYETTE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, PHILIPPE HOUZE TAUTOU TALKING AND LAUGHING MANAGER OF GALERIES LAFAYETTE HAUSSMANN DEPARTMENT STORE, AGNES VIGNERON, ADDRESSING THE AUDIENCE TAUTOU AND VIGNERON POSING BEFORE LAUNCHING CHRISTMAS TREE ANIMATION TAUTOU SMILING TAUTOU AND VIGNERON LAUNCHING CHRISTMAS TREE ANIMATION VARIOUS OF PEOPLE WATCHING ANIMATION (From left to right) CHAIRMAN OF GALERIES LAFAYETTE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, PHILIPPE HOUZE, FILM DIRECTOR, LUC JACQUET, ARTIST, LORENZO PAPACE, TAUTOU, CHIEF COMMUNICATIONS AND BRAND IMAGE OFFICER, GUILLAUME HOUZE, VIGNERON, GALERIES LAFAYETTE CEO, NICOLAS HOUZE POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS VARIOUS OF PAPACE, TAUTOU, HOUZE TAUTOU WALKING THROUGH STORE VIGNERON, GUILLAUME HOUZE, TAUTOU, NICOLAS HOUZE POSING IN FRONT OF WINDOW DISPLAY TAUTOU SMILING GALERIES LAFAYETTE LOGO / PEOPLE WATCHING WINDOW DISPLAY
- Embargoed: 23rd November 2016 21:56
- Keywords: Christmas window Paris Galeries Lafayette Audrey Tautou shopping
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA00157L5U1L
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:French actress Audrey Tautou launched the Christmas season at iconic Paris department store Galeries Lafayette on Tuesday (November 8), unveiling the festive window display and the giant paper Christmas tree, designed by the artist Lorenzo Papace.
The window displays, which usually sport the latest trends in coats, shoes and winter-wear at this time of year, were now decorated with polar bears and animated figurines on sparkling icefields.
This year, the decorations narrate the expedition of a polar bear family to find a new home. The theme was chosen by the awarded film director Luc Jacquet, who is best known for the Oscar winning picture 'March of the Penguins'.
The figurines, animations and Christmas tree were made predominantly of paper, with the aim of highlighting the debate on ecology and climate change.
The upmarket store is on Paris' main shopping street Boulevard Haussmann, which is also home to the Printemps department store and several other big chain shops.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None