- Title: Police van carrying Hong Kong double murder suspect arrives
- Date: 8th November 2016
- Summary: HONG KONG, CHINA (NOVEMBER 8, 2016) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF POLICE VAN CARRYING BRITISH MURDER SUSPECT RURIK JUTTING PULLING IN VARIOUS OF ARMED POLICE STANDING GUARD NATIONAL FLAG OF CHINA AND NATIONAL FLAG OF HONG KONG FLYING VARIOUS OF EXTERIOR OF HONG KONG HIGH COURT SIGN READING (English): "THE HIGH COURT" VARIOUS OF PROTESTERS FROM INDONESIAN MIGRANT WORKERS UNION VARIOUS OF INDONESIAN MIGRANT WORKERS' UNION CHAIRPERSON SRIGANTIN (SOUNDBITE) (English) INDONESIAN MIGRANT WORKERS' UNION CHAIRPERSON, SRINGATIN, SAYING: "It's really like watching a horror movie. It's really a big trauma for us as migrant domestic workers and as a woman in Hong Kong."
- Embargoed: 23rd November 2016 02:46
- Keywords: double murder Rurik Jutting court protesters Indonesian verdict
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: Hong Kong
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA00157L298N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A police van carrying British double murder suspect Rurik Jutting arrived at Hong Kong's high court on Tuesday (November 8) as protesters demanded justice for the two victims outside court on the final day of the case.
The van arrived at the court at 8:30 a.m. (0030 GMT) and a verdict is expected to be announced by the judge against Jutting who tortured, raped and killed two Indonesian women in 2014.
Indonesian migrant workers union group members gathered in solidarity and demanded for justice for the two victims outside the court.
"It's really like watching a horror movie. It's really a big trauma for us as migrant domestic workers and as a woman in Hong Kong," said Sringatin, the chairperson of Indonesian Migrant Workers' Union.
Jutting, 31, a former Bank of America Corp employee, has denied murder in the 2014 killings of Sumarti Ningsih, 23, and Seneng Mujiasih, 26, on the grounds of diminished responsibility. He has pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None