- Title: Chinese, Eastern European summit focuses on maritime development
- Date: 5th November 2016
- Summary: RIGA, LATVIA (NOVEMBER 5, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** SUMMIT VENUE EXTERIOR VARIOUS OF MOTORCADE CARRYING BELARUS OFFICIALS HEADS OF CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPEAN COUNTRIES AND CHINA GATHERING FOR FAMILY PHOTO PRIME MINISTER OF CHINA LI KEQIANG AND PRIME MINISTER OF LATVIA MARIS KUCINSKIS IN CENTRE OF GROUP OF HEADS OF COUNTRIES
- Embargoed: 20th November 2016 20:46
- Keywords: China Europe Balkans trade summit Latvia
- Location: RIGA, LATVIA
- City: RIGA, LATVIA
- Country: Latvia
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0015763X3B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Heads of state from central and eastern Europe met with their Chinese counterparts on Saturday (November 5) for a summit aimed at boosting trade cooperation between the states.
The so-called "16+1" summit focused on cooperation initiatives for the development of ports and transport corridors in the Adriatic, Baltic, and Black Seas.
The 16 countries include 11 European Union members, the rest are from the Balkans.
In addition to maritime development, the summit states its priority areas as development in infrastructure, high technologies, and green technologies.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None