- Title: U.S. flag flies at half-staff to honor Israel's Shimon Peres
- Date: 30th September 2016
- Summary: AMBASSADOR OF UKRAINE TO THE UNITED STATES, VALERIY CHALY, SIGNING CONDOLENCE BOOK (BACK VIEW) CHALY SIGNING BOOK (FRONT VIEW) TIGHT SHOT CHALY'S HAND SIGNING BOOK TIGHT SHOT CHALY'S FACE AS HE WRITES VARIOUS OF WRITING INSIDE CONDOLENCE BOOK ISRAELI FLAG FLYING AT HALF-STAFF OUTSIDE EMBASSY
- Embargoed: 15th October 2016 19:29
- Keywords: Shimon Peres Israel condolences Israeli Embassy flags
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA00351RF0P3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The U.S. flag flew at half-staff at the White House and other federal grounds on Friday (September 30) in honor of Israeli statesman and Nobel laureate Shimon Peres who died earlier this week.
As world leaders, including U.S. President Barack Obama, gathered in Jerusalem to mourn his death, dignitaries paid their respects at the Israeli Embassy in Washington, D.C.
Ambassadors to the United States, Kairat Umarov of Kazakhstan and Valeriy Chaly of Ukraine were among those who signed the condolence book.
Peres, a former president and prime minister who died on Wednesday (September 28) at the age of 93, shared a Nobel Prize for the interim land-for-peace accords he helped reach with the Palestinians as Israel's foreign minister in the 1990s.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None