- Title: China commemorates Martyrs' Day
- Date: 30th September 2016
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (SEPTEMBER 30, 2016) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF GUARDS OF HONOUR CARRYING FLORAL BASKETS AND WALKING TO MONUMENT TO PEOPLE'S HEROES IN TIANANMEN SQUARE FLAGS FLYING IN FRONT OF MONUMENT TO PEOPLE'S HEROES CHINESE PRESIDENT XI JINPING WALKING TO THE MONUMENT, FOLLOWED BY STANDING COMMITTEE MEMBERS VARIOUS OF GUARDS OF HONOUR CARRYING FLORAL BASKETS AND WALKING TO THE MONUMENT GUARDS OF HONOUR PLACING FLORAL BASKETS XI IN FRONT OF FLORAL BASKETS FLAGS FLYING XI AND CHINESE PREMIER WALKING PAST FLORAL BASKETS CHINESE LEADERS WALKING VARIOUS OF PEOPLE HOLDING FLOWERS AND WALKING VARIOUS OF PEOPLE PAYING RESPECTS TO THE MONUMENT
- Embargoed: 15th October 2016 06:32
- Keywords: China Martyrs day Tiananmen Square
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA00151RARET
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: China's top leaders on Friday (September 30) presented floral baskets at the Monument to the People's Heroes in Tiananmen Square to commemorate Martyrs' Day, a day ahead of the 67th anniversary of the founding of the country.
President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang, along with other Politburo Standing Committee members, attended the commemoration ceremony on Thursday morning.
Xi and the other Chinese leaders paid respects at the monument in tribute to those who died fighting for national independence, followed by members of the public who lined up in turn to present flowers.
China will celebrate its National Day on Saturday (October 1), followed by a seven-day holiday known as Golden Week.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.