- Title: Civillians killed and wounded as rebels strike government-held areas of Aleppo
- Date: 28th October 2016
- Summary: WOUNDED PERSON ON BED (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) WOUNDED MAN, AHMAD, SEATED ON BENCH SAYING: "My children are still under the rubble. My children are under the rubble, someone get them out. The building collapsed. Oh God." ALEPPO, SYRIA (OCTOBER 28, 2016) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (VIDEO OBTAINED BY REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF HOSPITAL / SIGN READING (Arabic/English): "ALRAZY HOSPITAL" STAFF AND PEOPLE OUTSIDE HOSPITAL / STRETCHERS
- Embargoed: 12th November 2016 17:01
- Keywords: Civillians killed injured hospital Aleppo government-held Aleppo Syria wounded
- Location: ALEPPO, SYRIA
- City: ALEPPO, SYRIA
- Country: Syria
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Military Conflicts
- Reuters ID: LVA00555X7T53
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS MATERIAL WHICH WAS ORIGINALLY 4:3 AND IS PART QUALITY AS INCOMING
Syrian rebels including jihadists counter-attacked the army and its allies on Friday (October 28) aiming to break a weeks-long siege on eastern Aleppo, insurgents said.
Wounded residents were treated in hospitals in the city.
The assault, employing heavy shelling and suicide car bombs, was mainly focused on the city's western edge by rebels based in the countryside outside Aleppo.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a British-based war monitor, said more than 15 civilians had been killed and 100 wounded by rebel shelling of government-held western Aleppo. State media reported that seven civilians were killed.
Aleppo has been divided for years between the government-held western sector and rebel-held east.
Footage from hospitals showed several bodies wrapped in white sheets and injured people being attended to.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None