- Title: Brazil great Carlos Alberto dies following heart attack
- Date: 25th October 2016
- Summary: CARLOS ALBERTO WALKING INTO HIS BACK GARDEN, LOOKS UP, SAYING (Portuguese): "HERE I AM, IT'S BEAUTIFUL SUNSHINE, SUMMER IN RIO, MARVELLOUS"
- Embargoed: 9th November 2016 15:48
- Keywords: Brazil Carlos Alberto Torres 72 death heart attack
- Location: RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL / PARIS, FRANCE / EAST RUTHERFORD, NEW JERSEY, UNITED STATES / FRANKFURT, GERMANY
- City: RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL / PARIS, FRANCE / EAST RUTHERFORD, NEW JERSEY, UNITED STATES / FRANKFURT, GERMANY
- Country: Brazil
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA00955I8NRB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS MATERIAL WHICH WAS ORIGINALLY 4:3
EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS MONOCHROME VIDEO
Brazil great Carlos Alberto, who captained the 1970 World Cup-winning side and scored one of the most acclaimed final goals ever, has died aged 72 following a heart attack, local TV reported on Tuesday.
Right-back Alberto was capped 53 times by Brazil and won titles with Fluminense and Santos.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None