- Title: Women call on Republican leadership to withdraw support for Trump
- Date: 11th October 2016
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (English) YONG JUNG CHO, 26-YEAR-OLD FOUNDER OF "#ALL OF US 2016 CAMPAIGN", SAYING: "Donald Trump is a sexual predator and the Republican Party needs to take responsibility for the monster that they've created. The Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus and Speaker Paul Ryan need to un-endorse Donald Trump."
- Embargoed: 26th October 2016 16:24
- Keywords: Donald Trump election Republicans RNC protest women video mysogony Paul Ryan Reince Priebus
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics,Elections/Voting
- Reuters ID: LVA00253KAOUF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: One day after the Republican National Committee announced it would continue to back Donald Trump, a group of young women protested outside its headquarters in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday (October 11), demanding it reconsider.
The Republican presidential nominee has drawn scorn over sexually aggressive comments that surfaced on Friday, and several lawmakers have rescinded their support.
Tuesday's protest, attended by about 20 women and a few men and organized by the #AllofUs2016 campaign, called on Party Chairman Reince Preibus and U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan to follow suit.
"Donald Trump is a sexual predator and the Republican Party needs to take responsibility for the monster that they've created," said 26-year-old Yong Jung Cho, one of the group's founders.
Ryan said on Monday he was not going to defend Trump or campaign for him but did not retract his endorsement.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None