- Title: Samsung Electronics says halted Galaxy Note 7 production
- Date: 11th October 2016
- Summary: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (OCTOBER 11, 2016) (REUTERS) HOMEPAGE OF DATA ANALYSIS, RETRIEVAL AND TRANSFER SYSTEM (DART) / CURSOR CLICKING AND OPENING ANNOUNCEMENT OF SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS ABOUT SAMSUNG'S DECISION TO HALT ITS PRODUCTION AND SALES OF GALAXY NOTE 7 SMARTPHONES SCREEN SHOWING PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT OF SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS HIGHLIGHTED AREA READING (Korean): "CONSIDERING CONSUMER SAFETY CONCERNS AS THE TOP PRIORITY, WE HAVE MADE OUR FINAL DECISION TO HALT THE PRODUCTION OF GALAXY NOTE 7, FOLLOWED BY THE DECISION TO HALT ITS SALES." LOGO OF DART / TAP READING (in Korean): "SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS"
- Embargoed: 26th October 2016 10:43
- Keywords: Samsung South Korea smart phone Galaxy Note 7 production halt fire
- Location: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA00153K7ZNP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: PLEASE REFER TO 1115 SAMSUNG-ELEC-SMARTPHONES/PRODUCTION-STOCKS SENT ON OCTOBER 10 FOR FILE MATERIAL
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Tuesday (October 11) it has halted the production of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones due to consumer safety concerns.
"Considering consumer safety concerns as the top priority, we have made our final decision to halt the production of Galaxy note 7, followed by the decision to halt its sales," Samsung said in a statement.
Samsung will likely halt sales of the flagship device permanently, a person familiar with the matter told Reuters. Samsung did not immediately comment on the matter.
The company also said earlier that it will start product exchanges and refunds for the Note 7 phones in South Korea starting October 13.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.