- Title: Superhero window washers wow sick kids
- Date: 11th October 2016
- Summary: SAO PAULO, BRAZIL (OCTOBER 11, 2016) (REUTERS) SUPERHERO WINDOW WASHERS APPEARING AT WINDOW OF PATIENT CHILD AND PARENT LOOKING OUT WINDOW CHILD SHAKING HANDS WITH WINDOW WASHER WINDOW WASHERS SPRAYING WINDOWS PATIENT LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW AT WINDOW WASHERS PARENT TAKING PICTURE OF PATIENT WITH WINDOW WASHERS (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) MOTHER OF 8-YEAR OLD PATIENT ISABELA, JAQUELINA MARANHAO, SAYING: "She was happy and got up to look and that was very good. When they are sick, they are a little down, quiet, so this helps them have fun." VARIOUS OF WINDOW WASHERS PUTTING ON THEIR COSTUMES VARIOUS OF WINDOW WASHERS HOOKING THEIR ROPES TO BUILDING VARIOUS OF WINDOW WASHERS RAPPELLING DOWN THE BUILDING WINDOW WASHER WAVING TO PEOPLE BELOW (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) WINDOW WASHER, DANIEL BARBOSA (AKA "THE FLASH"), SAYING: "When I get home, I hug my daughter and feel stronger, freer, calmer, more peaceful and I feel like I can pass this peace onto these children. And at the same time, I feel peace because a hug from a child is always special." LITTLE GIRL, LAURA, WAVING TO BARBOSA (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) 9-YEAR OLD PATIENT, LAURA, SAYING: "There is nothing to do in the hospital and these activities, a child's day is happier." WINDOW WASHERS RAPPELLING DOWN BUILDING EXTERIOR OF SABARA CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL WINDOW WASHERS PASSING WINDOW AND WAVING AT CHILD
- Embargoed: 26th October 2016 16:34
- Keywords: window washers Sabara Childrens' Hospital Daniel Barbosa
- Location: SAO PAULO, BRAZIL
- City: SAO PAULO, BRAZIL
- Country: Brazil
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA00153KAG5F
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Superheroes visited on Tuesday (October 11) a Sao Paulo children's hospital where sick patients cheered up at the sight of the costumed crime fighters.
As Brazil's celebration of Children's Day approaches, the two window washers donned the superhero costumes in order to brighten the day of the kids currently recovering at Sabara Children's Hospital.
Jaquelina Maranhao said the visit lifted the spirits of her 8-year-old daughter Isabela.
"She was happy and got up to look and that was very good. When they are sick, they are a little down, quiet, so this helps them have fun," she said.
And for the super heroes, well it's all in a day's work.
Daniel Barbosa, who goes by his super-name "The Flash", said he wants to bring some happiness to the children.
"When I get home, I hug my daughter and feel stronger, freer, calmer, more peaceful and I feel like I can pass this peace onto these children. And at the same time, I feel peace because a hug from a child is always special," he said.
"There is nothing to do in the hospital and these activities, a child's day is happier," said nine-year-old patient Laura.
The window washers dress up as The Flash, Batman, IronMan, Spiderman and Superman.
Children's Day will be celebrated on Wednesday (October 12).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None