- Title: Iran president visits Vietnam to enhance cooperation
- Date: 6th October 2016
- Summary: A STATUE OF HO CHI MINH VARIOUS OF ROUHANI AND QUANG EXCHANGING HANDSHAKES MEETING ROOM WITH SEATED OFFICIALS VARIOUS OF QUANG SPEAKING ROUHANI LISTENING VIETNAMESE DELEGATION VARIOUS OF ROUHANI SPEAKING QUANG LISTENING IRANIAN DELEGATION VIETNAMESE DELEGATION IRANIAN AND VIETNAMESE FLAGS ROUHANI AND QUANG AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (Farsi) IRANIAN PRESIDENT, HASSAN ROUHANI, SAYING: "We have reached an agreement for the two countries to increase bilateral trade to USD 2 billion" VIETNAMESE DELEGATION LOOKING ON (SOUNDBITE) (Farsi) IRANIAN PRESIDENT, HASSAN ROUHANI, SAYING: "Iran is willing to give favorable conditions so that more and more Vietnamese companies in the area of investing, energy and petroleum can present in Iranian market, and to continue projects that are already signed." IRANIAN DELEGATION (SOUNDBITE) (Farsi) IRANIAN PRESIDENT, HASSAN ROUHANI, SAYING: "We have also reach agreements in cooperation between our National Assemblies, as well as agreement in cooperation in tourism" VARIOUS OF ROUHANI AND QUANG WITNESSING THE SIGNING OF DOCUMENTS VARIOUS ROUHANI AND QUANG SHAKING HANDS EXTERIOR OF THE GOVERNMENT OFFICE ROUHANI SHAKING HANDS WITH VIETNAMESE PRIME MINISTER NGUYEN XUAN PHUC MEETING ROOM ROUHANI SPEAKING PHUC LISTENING IRANIAN AND VIETNAMESE DELEGATION AT MEETING PHUC SPEAKING ROUHANI LISTENING MEETING IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 21st October 2016 08:58
- Keywords: Iran president Hassan Rouhani Tran Dai Quang cooperation
- Location: HANOI, VIETNAM
- City: HANOI, VIETNAM
- Country: Vietnam
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA00252V95QD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: President of Iran Hassan Rouhani met Vietnamese leaders in Hanoi to bolster ties on Thursday (October 6).
Rouhani made the official visit to Vietnam to discuss ways of improving mutual relations between the two countries.
After receiving a state welcoming ceremony in Hanoi hosted by Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang, the two exchanged views about ways to improve mutual cooperation.
Speaking to the press in Hanoi, Rouhani said areas discussed at the meeting included oil and gas, banking relations, extra-territorial cultivation, communications and telecommunications as well as cooperation in pharmaceutical and health sectors.
Trade turnover between Iran and Vietnam reached USD 300 million in 2013 from USD 80 million in 2010, but 2015 trade stood at 107 million dollars.
The two countries agreed to take measures for two-way trade to reach USD two billion in five years' time.
Vietnam's main exports to Iran include aquaculture products as well as agriculture goods such as rice, tea, coffee and pepper. Iran currently export petrochemical products and garment materials to Vietnam.
Rouhani said his country is looking to expand the range of goods to include liquefied natural gas as well as construction material to the South East Asia nation.
He leaves Vietnam on Friday (October 7) morning to visit Malaysia.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None