- Title: Iran president visits Vietnam to enhance cooperation
- Date: 6th October 2016
- Summary: HANOI, VIETNAM (OCTOBER 6, 2016) (REUTERS) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** EXTERIOR OF THE PRESIDENTIAL PALACE IRANIAN AND VIETNAMESE FLAGS VARIOUS OF HONOUR GUARDS MARCHING CHILDREN WAVING FLAGS MOTORCADE ARRIVING WELCOMING CEREMONY IN FRONT OF PRESIDENTIAL PALACE IRANIAN PRESIDENT HASSAN ROUHANI AND VIETNAMESE PRESIDENT TRAN DAI QUANG WALKING TO THE PODIUM ROUHANI AND QUANG STANDING AT THE CEREMONY HONOUR GUARDS HOLDING VIETNAMESE FLAGS VARIOUS OF ROUHANI AND QUANG LISTENING TO IRANIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM CEREMONY IN PROGRESS VARIOUS OF ROUHANI AND QUANG REVIEWING THE HONOUR GUARDS VARIOUS OF ROUHANI AND QUANG WALKING CEREMONY IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 21st October 2016 08:58
- Keywords: Iran president Hassan Rouhani Tran Dai Quang cooperation
- Location: HANOI, VIETNAM
- City: HANOI, VIETNAM
- Country: Vietnam
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA00152V95QD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: President of Iran Hassan Rouhani met Vietnamese leaders in Hanoi to bolster ties on Thursday (October 6).
Rouhani made the official visit to Vietnam to discuss ways of improving mutual relations between the two countries.
After receiving a state welcoming ceremony in Hanoi hosted by Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang, the two exchanged views about ways to improve mutual cooperation.
Speaking to the press in Hanoi, Rouhani said areas discussed at the meeting included oil and gas, banking relations, extra-territorial cultivation, communications and telecommunications as well as cooperation in pharmaceutical and health sectors.
Trade turnover between Iran and Vietnam reached USD 300 million in 2013 from USD 80 million in 2010, but 2015 trade stood at 107 million dollars.
The two countries agreed to take measures for two-way trade to reach USD two billion in five years' time.
Vietnam's main exports to Iran include aquaculture products as well as agriculture goods such as rice, tea, coffee and pepper. Iran currently export petrochemical products and garment materials to Vietnam.
Rouhani said his country is looking to expand the range of goods to include liquefied natural gas as well as construction material to the South East Asia nation.
He leaves Vietnam on Friday (October 7) morning to visit Malaysia.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.