- Title: Air strikes hit hospital in rebel-held Aleppo
- Date: 28th September 2016
- Summary: AMBULANCE DEBRIS OUTSIDE HOSPITAL BODIES PARTIALLY COVERED BY DEBRIS VARIOUS OF DAMAGE TO AMBULANCE VARIOUS OF AMBULANCE OUTSIDE HOSPITAL FOOD AND SHOES ON STREET
- Embargoed: 13th October 2016 10:16
- Keywords: Syria Maadi air strikes hospital war rebels government forces United States Russia Assad
- Location: MAADI DISTRICT, ALEPPO, SYRIA
- City: MAADI DISTRICT, ALEPPO, SYRIA
- Country: Syria
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Military Conflicts
- Reuters ID: LVA00451HCCP3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
Air strikes hit a hospital in rebel-held eastern Aleppo in the early hours of Wednesday (September 28), putting it out of service, medical workers said.
It's not confirmed who carried out the air strikes.
The strikes hit the hospital's oxygen and power generators, and patients were transferred to another hospital in the area, medical workers at the M10 hospital said.
At least one ambulance suffered damage and debris from the hospital was littered around the exterior of the building.
Since a ceasefire collapsed last week, rebel-held areas of Aleppo have been heavily bombarded, raising international concern over the plight of their 250,000 residents.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None