- Title: Tel Aviv pays tribute to Israel's Peres
- Date: 28th September 2016
- Summary: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL (SEPTEMBER 28, 2016) (REUTERS) ISRAELI FLAG AND LATE PRESIDENT SHIMON PERES' NAME PROJECTED ON MUNICIPALITY BUILDING IN MEMORY OF THE LATE PRESIDENT MAN TAKING PHOTO VARIOUS OF THE WORD PEACE AND ISRAELI FLAG PROJECTED ON MUNICIPALITY BUILDING VARIOUS OF PEOPLE LOOKING ON 'PEACE' AND 'PERES' PROJECTED ON BUILDING CARS BEING DRIVEN PAST ILLUMINATED POSTERS OF PERES ILLUMINATED POSTERS OF PERES / PEOPLE WALK PAST WOMEN DRINKING COFFEE ON PAVEMENT PEOPLE WALKING PAST POSTER OF PERES EXTERIOR OF BUILDING WHERE PERES USED TO RESIDE WITH FLAGS LOWERED AT HALF MAST FLAGS AT HALF MAST
- Embargoed: 13th October 2016 21:41
- Keywords: Israel Shimon Peres municipality tribute
- Location: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL
- City: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL
- Country: Israel
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA00151HERLZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Tel Aviv municipality building was lit up on Wednesday (September 28) with the colours of the Israeli flag and messages of peace in memory of late Israeli President Shimon Peres, a convinced campaigner for Middle East peace who remained energetic until his final days.
The words peace in English and Hebrew, as well as Peres' name and the Israeli blue and white flag were projected on the tall building as residents looked on.
Elsewhere pictures of the country's elder statement were placed on all the windows of an Israeli company's offices.
Earlier in the day Israeli flags were lowered to half mast outside Peres' apartment building in Tel Aviv as the country was mourning his death.
Peres, a joint winner of the 1994 Nobel Peace Prize and an influential figure in Israeli politics for 70 years, died in hospital on Wednesday (September 27) aged 93, two weeks after suffering a massive stroke.
He will be laid to rest on Friday (September 30) in Jerusalem in a state funeral attended by world leaders.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None