- Title: South Korea court denies arrest warrant for Lotte Group chairman
- Date: 28th September 2016
- Summary: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (SEPTEMBER 29, 2016) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** MEDIA GATHERING AT SEOUL CENTRAL DISTRICT PROSECUTOR'S OFFICE CHAIRMAN AND SECOND SON OF LOTTE GROUP, SHIN DONG-BIN, WALKING OUT OF BUILDING AND BOWING (SOUNDBITE) CHAIRMAN OF LOTTE GROUP, SHIN DONG-BIN, SAYING: "I apologise for causing concerns. I think our company has lots of shortcomings. I'll make sure to fix that and make good company. Thank you." SHIN BEING SURROUNDED BY MEDIA AND WALKING SHIN WALKING DOWN STAIRS AND GETTING IN CAR CAR CARRYING SHIN LEAVING EXTERIOR OF SEOUL CENTRAL DISTRICT PROSECUTOR'S OFFICE EMBLEM OF COURT READING (Korean and English): "PROSECUTION SERVICE"
- Embargoed: 13th October 2016 21:28
- Keywords: Shin Dong-bin Lotte group chairman arrest warrant Seoul South Korea
- Location: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA00151HF3GN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:A South Korean court struck down prosecutors' request to arrest Lotte Group chairman Shin Dong-bin, a Seoul Central District Court judge said on Thursday (September 29), following a wide-ranging corruption investigation into the retail-to-chemicals conglomerate.
South Korean prosecutors made the request on Monday (September 26) for the court to approve the arrest of Shin, 61, on suspicion of embezzlement and breach of trust for activities involving about 170 billion won ($153.52 million), a prosecution source with direct knowledge of the matter said previously.
A Lotte Group spokesman was not immediately available for comment.
Lotte Group's assets were worth 103.3 trillion won ($94.23 billion) as of April, according to government data.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None