- Title: Vaccarello makes his mark at Saint Laurent in a fashion week of firsts
- Date: 27th September 2016
- Summary: ***WARNING CONTAINS NUDITY*** VARIOUS OF MODEL WEARING BLACK LEATHER DECONSTRUCTED MINIDRESS AND NIPPLE TASSEL
- Embargoed: 12th October 2016 20:57
- Keywords: Saint Laurent fashion Paris Vaccarello ready-to-wear week YSL
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA00251CGUVT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS NUDITY
A bold Anthony Vaccarello seized the reins at Saint Laurent on Tuesday (September 27) as Paris Fashion Week kicked off with a raft of new faces and big names.
The 34 year-old Belgian replaced Hedi Slimane at the house in April -- pulling the plug on his own brand to dedicate himself to the new job.
For the collection itself, Vaccarello kept up with the rocky pace that has become Saint Laurent's signature in recent years, while also making his own mark.
The show opened with a series of sexy black leather mini-dresses -- one entirely deconstructed to reveal the model's breast adorned with a glittering nipple tassel -- with an asymmetric twist which was discernibly Vaccarello.
But in a homage to one of the house's most iconic looks, the designer also offered up a modern twist on "Le Smoking" with one of the many tuxedos featuring skin-tight trousers topped with a cummerbund and a jacket with overlarge lapels.
He could have been forgiven for feeling the pressure with long-term partner of Yves Saint Laurent, Pierre Berge, sitting on the front row, along with actress and singer Jane Birkin.
Vaccarello's is not Fashion Week's only debut.
Elsewhere, Maria Grazia Chiuri will present her first collection for Christian Dior on Friday (September 30) having jumped ship from Valentino, leaving her longtime collaborator Pierpaolo Piccioli to present his first solo collection for the brand.
Meanwhile at Lanvin, Bouchra Jarrar will show her first collection after taking over from Alber Elbaz after his dramatic departure last year.
Paris Fashion Week -- which closes the season after New York, London and Milan -- runs until October 5.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.