- Title: BELGIUM: THE 49TH EUREKA INVENTION FAIR IN BRUSSELS
- Date: 14th November 2000
- Summary: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (NOVEMBER 14, 2000) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) PAN OF FAIR LV OF EXHIBITION SLV/SV/CU OF THE CHAIPATTANA (THAILAND) EXPOSITION (5 SHOTS) SV/CU OF THE AELEM INDUSTRY F7, A NEW ECOLOGICAL PROJECT (7 SHOTS) SV (French) ESSID FARID, AN INVENTOR SAYING: "Instead of beeing thrown away in the air, the exhaust fumes of the car are sucked up by the F7 and go through different filters. The Co2 is trapped by chemical products and cools down. After the condensation state, the liquid is cleaned again and will evaporate with the help of an electrical resistance."/CU OF PROJECT (3 SHOTS) SV/CU VARIOUS OF A MOSQUITO NET SUITABLE FOR ALL TYPES OF WINDOWS (3 SHOTS) SV/CU VARIOUS OF ORCHIS SYSTEM (3 SHOTS) MCU (English) ADMINISTRATOR OF ECODIST (Ecofuel Distributuon) DAVID ERRERA SAYING: "Two main advantages: It's reducing pollution between thirty and eigthy percent and also reducing the consumption which is about five to fifteen percent. This product is also guaranteed for two years, its life beeing more or less five years. There is no maintenance. You just have to place it and then you calculate the consumption and you will be happy about the result." CU OF ORCHIS SYSTEM SLV/LAS OF A SCAFFOLDING WHICH MAKES IT POSSIBLE FOR WORKER TO CONTROL AND MOVE THE CONSTRUCTION ON HIS OWN FROM THE PLATFORM (4 SHOTS)
- Embargoed: 29th November 2000 12:00
- Location: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
- Country: Belgium
- Topics: Industry,Quirky,Science,Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVAE8MR4QEZQVL1MFZ3QA1Z0DC9E
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Almost 1,000 inventors from all over the world dispayed their latest inventions at the 49th Eureka Invention Fair held in the Begian capital Brussels.
For almost half a century Brussel's international show of inventions, novelties and technologies "Brussels-Eureka-2000" has been an annual meeting point of inventors from all over the world.
A total of 800 inventions from over 40 countries presented their inventions at the show seeking to find investors who would help them market their ideas.
From bicycle lawn mower designers to self-adhesive napkin inventors all those converging in Brussels are sure their schemes are worth a fortune.
This year's show featured a number of environmental inventions.
Thailand's Chaipattana Aerator, formally known as the Chaipattana Low Speed Surface Aerator is capable of transferring oxygen up to 1.2 kg per horsepower per hour. Not only is the aerator effective in improving the quality of water, it is also easy to install, and transport from one location to another. It is suitable for treatening waste water in small natural water areas like ponds, swamps, or canals.
The Aelem Industry F7 is a new type of environmentally friendly catalytic converter which van be used in cars, heat engines of any make as well as industrial chimneys.
And there was something for DIY fans as well at the show -- with the latest scaffolding design you don't have to go up and down to move it -- the scaffolding will follow your steps.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None