- Title: BELGIUM: RECORD BREAKING PILLOW FIGHT TAKES PLACE IN LOUVAIN FOR CHARITY
- Date: 3rd May 2005
- Summary: (L!2) LEUVEN, BELGIUM (MAY 3, 2005) (REUTERS-ACCESS ALL) WIDE OF STUDENTS STANDING AT THE MAIN SQUARE OF LEUVEN SLV STUDENTS WARMING UP AHEAD OF PILLOW FIGHT PAN OF THE MAIN SQUARE WHERE THE FIGHT IS GOING TO TAKE PLACE WITH STUDENTS CLOSE OF CHILDREN IN PILLOW FIGHT SLV PARTICIPANT WITH A PILLOW ON HIS HEAD WIDE / PAN OF PILLOW FIGHT SLV (SOUNDBITE) (Dutch) GERT VAN DIJCK, (MAN WEARING WIG WITH PLAITS) SAYING: "First, it's a nice performance of students society in economy and secondly it's for a charity purpose. We can help the people thanks to 'Sleepy' that paid that amount of money because the record was broken." /PILLOW FIGHTING VARIOUS OF PILLOW FIGHT WITH SOME PARTICIPANTS IN HATS/WIGS WIDE/PAN OF END OF PILLOW FIGHT/ PEOPLE CHEERING SLV JOHYAN BAETENS SIGNING THE CHEQUE OF 10000 EUROS SLV FIGHTERS ARE SCREAMING AFTER THE ANNOUCEMENT OF THE NEW RECORD SCU (SOUNDBITE) (English) JOHAN BAETENS THE CHAIRMAN OF 'SLEEPY' SAYING: "The record has been definitely broken and has been registered by the Guinness Book of Records. We broke the record, we have 4000 pillow fighters, the former was 2997 pillow fighters." SLV MAN AND WOMAN KISSING
- Embargoed: 18th May 2005 13:00
- Location: LOUVAIN, BELGIUM
- Country: Belgium
- Topics: Quirky,Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVA3EC94UPTTMW14AGMSUD0LZOII
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: A new record is set for pillow fighting in Belgium.
A new record of pillow fighting was reached on Wednesday (May 3) evening in Leuven where 4000 people armed with cushions and pillows of all sizes fought till the record or their pillow was broken.
The new record was raised in Leuven, a northern Belgian town , by 4000 students who managed to collect with their action a total amount of 10000 Euros.
"The record has been definitely broken and has been registered by the Guinness Book of Records. We broke the record, we have 4000 pillow fighters, the former was 2997 pillow fighters," said Johan Baeten Chairman of the charity 'Sleepy'.
The participation had surpassed all expectation with only three thousands people expected at the event.
The previous record was held by Dodgeville College in Wisconsin in the United States of America which managed a pillow fight with 2997 participants.
The majority of pillows used were between 5 and 35 years old and the sponsors for the event - 'Sleepy' - pledged 2.5 euros per cushion used. All money raised will be used for a health centre.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None