- Title: FRANCE: THE FIRST 1989 BEAUJOLAIS NOUVEAU BOTTLES ARE OPENED IN PARIS
- Date: 16th November 1989
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (NOVEMBER 16, 1989) SVS EXTERIOR OF RESTAURANT/BAR WITH BARRELS OUTSIDE (2 SHOTS) SV CU PULL BACK TO SV AND CU TO TRADITIONALLY CLAD GENTLEMEN SAMPLING THE BEAUJOLAIS NOUVEAU (3 SHOTS) SVS AND SCU PATRONS IN BAR SAMPLING BEAUJOLAIS NOUVEAU AS MUSIC PLAYS (7 SHOTS) SV AND SCU OF JACQUES CHIRAC HOLDING UP BOTTLE AND SAMPLING WINE (2 SHOTS)
- Embargoed: 1st December 1989 12:00
- Location: France, France
- Country: France
- Topics: General,People
- Reuters ID: LVA3NV7KGW0QODLHKNQYWW68VFC9
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: PARIS, FRANCE
Wine tasters in Paris raised their glasses on Thursday to toast the 1989 Beaujolais Nouveau wine as one of the best this century."Big and fat and fruity," was the verdict of one expert.
Paris Mayor Jacques Chirac was among those sampling the new Beaujolais. Many wine lovers collected in the cafes,although the time difference had meant that Japan's wine drinkers had beaten them to it.
This year's Beaujolais Nouveau costs between 20 and 25 per cent more than 1988's, which was considered an inferior vintage. Because the grapes ripened so fully before harvesting, the wine was more mature than usual, an expert said.
<strong>Source: REUTERS - JEAN-PIERRE BEAUMONT</strong>
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None