- Title: GHANA-ECOWAS ECOWAS pledge support to Burkina Faso
- Date: 7th November 2014
- Summary: ACCRA, GHANA (NOVEMBER 6, 2014) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF ECONOMIC COMMUNITY OF WEST AFRICAN STATES (ECOWAS) BACKDROP
- Embargoed: 22nd November 2014 12:00
- Location: Ghana
- Country: Ghana
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVA586OIO3L7ADX0ZRH7U929R48V
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text:
FULL SCRIPT TO FOLLOW
SHOWS: ACCRA, GHANA (NOVEMBER 6, 2014) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. VARIOUS OF ECONOMIC COMMUNITY OF WEST AFRICAN STATES (ECOWAS) BACKDROP
2. CAMERAMEN FILMING
3. HEADS OF STATE SEATED
4. VARIOUS SHOT OF PARTICIPANTS SEATED AT THE SUMMIT
5. ECOWAS COMMISSION PRESIDENT H.E KADRE DESIRE OUEDRAOGO THROUGH CAMERA SCREEN
6. (SOUNDBITE) (English) H.E KADRE DESIRE OUEDRAOGO, SAYING:
"This is the responsibility of the Burkinabe stakeholders but of course we are here to support them to advice them the primary responsibility is to them."
7. VARIOUS OF ECOWAS COMMISSION PRESIDENT BEING INTERVIEWED BY JOURNALISTS AT THE SUMMIT.
8. (SOUNDBITE) (English) ECOWAS COMMISSION PRESIDENT, H.E KADRE DESIRE OUEDRAOGO, SAYING:
"They have confirmed this and the military were present when the three heads of state addressed the national stakeholders in Ouagadougou yesterday. The military leadership was there and they have approved the communiqué issued at the end of this visit. This communiqué has been support and endorsed by the extra ordinary summit of ECOWAS therefore I believe that now is matter of implementing the ECOWAS decisions."
9.ECOWAS COMMISSION PRESIDENT BEING INTERVIEWED BY JOURNALISTS AT THE SUMMIT.
10. (SOUNDBITE) (English) GHANAIAN PRESIDENT AND ECOWAS CHAIRMAN, JOHN DRAMANI MAHAMA, SAYING:
"I urge all ECOWAS countries our international partners to do more to address the issues of stigmatisation, isolation, and abandonment of the affected countries."
11. ECOWAS LOGO
12. (SOUNDBITE) (English) JOHN DRAMANI MAHAMA, SAYING:
"I believe that with better coordination amongst all of us and all stake holders the battle against this dreadful scourge will be won sooner than later."
13. VARIOUS SHOTS OF DIGNITARIES SEATED THE SUMMIT/ FLAGS
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None