- Title: USA: 27TH ANNUAL HALLOWEEN PARADE
- Date: 10th November 2000
- Summary: MV ELECTRIC COWBOY; JUGGLER; SANDWORM FLOAT; KOREAN BAND (4 SHOTS) SCU FLOAT FEATURING PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON AND WIFE, HILLARY AND MONICA LEWINSKY
- Embargoed: 25th November 2000 12:00
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Entertainment,Quirky,Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVA6F5JMFD58IMB0VA8PFNA41G9J
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Outrageous costumes, lavish floats, music and crazy dancing. It was anything goes in New York for the 27th Annual Hallowe'en Parade on Tuesday (October 31).
New York's Greenwich Village celebrated the annual Hallowe'en Parade on Monday (October 31).
The parade has become a New York tradition over the last 27 years and this year featured hundreds of puppets and 42 bands dancers and floats.
At the heart of the Greenwich Village Hallowe'en Parade there has traditionally been a form of large-scale puppet, typically mad eof papier-mÃ¢chÃ© with complex, moveable parts that are operated by volunteers.
This year's parade featured not just human beings in costume but also a dog. Inspiration for costumes ranged from from "Star Wars"
to New York's tight Senate race. A number of people were dressed as Hillary Clinton as the election draws near.
One man taking part in the parade, Rich Ryan, said he was enjoying himself. he said "It's a great time we have a great time doing it."
Another group had come to New York from Florida to attend the parade for the tenth time.
This year's parade was broadcast live throughout the United States and beyond on cable television's Sci-Fi Channel.
One large float representated the worms from the science fiction book and well known film, "Dune."
Amongst some of the other more memorable moments of the parade was a car of people impersonating Bill and Hillary Clinton with Monica Lewinsky, the White House intern with whom Bill Clinton had an affair, as well as a performance by a Korean marching band.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.