- Title: BRAZIL: FASHION WEEK OPENS IN RIO DE JANEIRO.
- Date: 11th January 2005
- Summary: VARIOUS OF VICTOR DZENK SHOW
- Embargoed: 26th January 2005 12:00
- Location: RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL
- Country: Brazil
- Topics: Business,Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA6G6KSFGB8OY1HXAX7YMYFPRKH
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Fashion Week opens in Rio de Janeiro.
The fashion marathon for the coming winter kicked off in Rio de Janeiro's Modern Art Museum (MAM) on Tuesday (January 11) with the first two shows out of a total of twenty-five that will make up Rio Fashion week.
Several of the country's top designers and fashion labels will come together over the course of the week to show their winter collections to the 80,000 fashion enthusiasts expected to attend.
This year's show kicked off with the Maria Bonita collection, owned by Danielle Janasen, which looked back towards the seventies to convey its sense of freedom and sensuality.
On Wednesday (January 12), the Santa Ephigenia fashion house showed off their latest designs, a collection inspired by Eastern European gypsies, with vibrant colours and detailed hems in a feminine look.
For Heloyza Simao, General Coordinator of Fashion Rio, the show has a huge part to play in the future of Brazil.
"Fashion is a very important instrument for Brazil. We know there are cases of countries like Italy, China and more recently India, that really overcame adverse conditions through restructuring the textile sector," she said.
Some 100 models, 50 cameras, 350 security guards and 600 journalists and photographers will be working during the fashion week, which will cost some 5 million reales (1,850,000 dollars).
But for spectators like Patricia Maia, it's money well spent.
"For me it's very important to watch the trends, the trends of the city of Rio, a little international, I like it a lot," she said.
Designer Victor Dzenk also showed his new collection at Wednesday's (January 12) show, with a colourful, party motif running through the new designs. This year, top model Gisele Bundchen will make an appearance at Fashion Rio, modelling for a young fashion house on Friday (January 14). Fashion Rio will also include work from accessories designers, as well as more conceptual presentations.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.