- Title: FRANCE: Official preparing Obama's France trip hit by H1N1
- Date: 30th May 2009
- Summary: CAEN, FRANCE (MAY 29, 2009) (REUTERS) CAEN TOWN SIGN/ VIEW OF HOSPITAL WHERE UNITED STATES OFFICIAL WAS ADMITTED WITH H1N1 VIRUS AMBULANCE PASSING BY VARIOUS OF ENTRANCE TO CAEN HOSPITAL VARIOUS EXTERIOR SHOTS OF HOSPITAL HOSPITAL SIGN IN CAR PARK VARIOUS AMBULANCE ENTERING HOSPITAL VARIOUS OF HOSPITAL VARIOUS OF MEDICAL STAFF WALKING EXTERIOR OF CAEN HOSPITAL
- Embargoed: 14th June 2009 13:00
- Location: France
- Country: France
- Topics: International Relations,Health
- Reuters ID: LVAADBK4FBE9USU2PDRBWKI8HUI
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: A U.S. official who is in France preparing President Barack Obama's visit next week has been admitted to hospital with H1N1 flu in the Normandy city of Caen, French officials said on Friday (May 29).
Obama stops in France next week to commemorate the 1944 D-Day landings on Normandy beaches by Allied forces.
"A U.S. citizen, who is in France as part of an official delegation preparing the D-Day ceremonies, has tested positive for H1N1 flu and has been hospitalised in Caen," said a spokeswoman for France's health authority.
No further details were immediately available.
The last data on H1N1 flu in France, released on Wednesday (May 27), showed there were 20 confirmed cases of the flu in the country and no deaths. A further 10 suspected cases were under investigation.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None