- Title: IRAN: ISLAMIC MOVEMENT DELEGATES MEET TO DISCUSS WORLDWIDE MOSLEM SOLIDARITY.
- Date: 17th January 1982
- Summary: TEHERAN, IRAN GV INT Members of Islamic seated at long table. 0.05 SV Reporters taking notes. 0.08 CUs Various members of seminar. (5 SHOTS) 0.26 CU Pakistan's delegate, Mohamad Taher Alghaderi speaking. 1.16 SV Mohamad Taher alghaderi stands and leaves table. 1.33 TRANSCRIPT: ALGHADERI: "These celebrations of the Moslem Unity Week, which are being held nowadays, in the Islamic Republic of Iran, are, I think, sufficient to prove the true devotion of the Moslems of Iran, with the cause of Islam. These celebrations, which are being held at the occasion (INDISTINCT), this also gives us a message for unity of the whole Moslem world. And this unity can't be achieved without eliminating all kinds of injustice, oppression, tyranny and cruelty of the monoplistic dominion of man over man."
- Embargoed: 1st February 1982 12:00
- Location: Iran, Islamic Republic of
- Country: Iran, Islamic Republic of
- Topics: General,Religion
- Reuters ID: LVAAIFVXND1V1DPDSTV4IEOMK4VI
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: TEHERAN, IRAN
Islamic Movement delegates began a weeklong series of talks in Teheran on Thursday (14 January). The discussions primarily are centred on worldwide solidarity among Moslem nations. Delegates from Lebanon, Syria, Afghanistan and India are among those attending. Pakistan's delegate, Mohamad Taher Alghaderi spoke about the aims and significance of the week.
<strong>Source: REUTERS - MAHMOUD OSKOUI</strong>
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None