- Title: USA: NEW YORK GETS READY FOR FASHION WEEK
- Date: 3rd February 2005
- Summary: (L!1) NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE) (REUTERS) JENNIFER LOPEZ WITH EX-HUSBAND CHRIS JUDD (3 shots)
- Embargoed: 18th February 2005 12:00
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Business,Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVAB6NDD78H5RGBK6C6SXMK6QHNN
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: New York gets ready for fashion week, where Jennifer Lopez makes her runway debut.
Preparations are underway at Bryant Park for New York Fashion Week, due to start on Friday (February 4). The tents at Bryant Park, looked like a massive construction site, barely 18 hours before the first show.
Younger, lesser known designers will test their design mettle against Calvin Klein and Carolina Herrera, during the cut-throat week.
Young designer Lela Rose's studio - a stone's throw from 'the tents' at Bryant Park - was a melange of cloth, sowing machines and employees bent over colourful beads in thick concentration.
"I mean it's stressful but it's fun too, I mean's it's - its kind of not like doing anything else. It's very unusual thing. I mean you're excited about it but yet you're really nervous and worried, and just - it goes on for weeks and then it's finally this twenty minutes show and you're kind of like - after it thinking - damn, all that for 20 minutes," said Rose. Shimmering, light dresses set to hit the catwalks were being given crucial, last minute touches.
Rose was anxious as her designs will compete with the likes of fashion heavy weights like Ralph Lauren and fashion week newcomer Jennifer Lopez , whose collection, titled "Sweetface" will close the week.
"Well, I think that you know they don't feel like their next collection makes or breaks them and I think that you know the younger you are, the less proven you are in the runaway, you do feel like this next collection either makes or breaks you. So, yeah - it is pretty stressful. Now I'm getting even a little bit more worried," Rose added.
Fashion Week runs from February 4th to February 11th, where designers will showcase their Fall/Winter 2005 collections.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None