- Title: GERMANY / QUIRKY: Zombies take over Frankfurt
- Date: 8th July 2012
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (German) MIMI NONNENBERGER, ZOMBIE WALK-PARTICIPANT, SAYING: "It took two hours with face painting, the teeth had to be baked before, a bit of fake blood...so, it's not as complex as you would think."
- Embargoed: 23rd July 2012 13:00
- Location: Germany
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Quirky,Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVABNM2K91JUGO4EPE72KGJIMSE4
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Frankfurt was crawling with flash-meeting, flesh-eating zombies on Saturday (July 7) as around 1,000 people ran and crawled down the high street made up to look like extras from a horror movie.
Not that those watching were scared, most of them got out their cameras and posed with their new found friends.
People normally spending hours in front of the mirror to look beautiful put their skill towards creating something less appealing to the eye.
"It took two hours with face painting, the teeth had to be baked before, a bit of fake blood...so, it's not as complex as you would think," said one work of zombie art.
"It's a chance to show the people there is nothing about it, we are not trying to scare people, but they have a look and like to get pictures taken. It's just a nice thing to get closer in a funny way, it was a lot fun to put the make-up on and get dressed," said one zombie.
The event, organised through Facebook, is an annual affair that has been going since 2007.
Co-organiser, Benny Sturmgeist, says it is all about having a good day out.
"Many were shocked, many did not know what is happening, but it was all-in-all a great event today," he said.
"It's a great art, how they made it, it's perfect. In the beginning, when two people passed by, I almost thought it was real," said spectator Bughigh Dawi, still alive enough to speak to Reuters.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None