- Title: USA: ROCK GROUP MINI-KISS
- Date: 1st February 2005
- Summary: VARIOUS OF MINI-KISS PERFORMING ON STAGE AND AUDIENCE REACTIONS.
- Embargoed: 16th February 2005 12:00
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES AND VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Entertainment,General,Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVAD1919RBRWC56EJPHYZTKS0NMM
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Rock group mini-Kiss may be a 'little people' tribute to the original rock group, but thanks to continuous performances, they're only getting bigger.
Hard rock group Kiss may conjure up images of tongue wagging, wild hair and make-up, but their tribute band, mini-Kiss are making quite an impression of their own.
The group consists of little people, Joey Fatale (Gene Simmons), Scott Seidman (Paul Stanley), Mike O'Conner (Ace Frehley) and Craig Tilken (Peter Kriss), all standing less than four feet and seven inches tall.
The group was the brainchild of Fatale, who explained: "One day about six years ago I was moving and I was going through my, you know, CD's and albums. I still have the first Kiss album. I was looking at it, and I thought: imagine six little people dressing up just like Kiss. It just hit me. It hit me out of nowhere."
The band played parties and bars for years, perfecting their moves, gathering fame and a growing fan following.
Their final moment of acceptance came when they met Kiss lead singer Gene Simmons at a magazine launch party, and received his blessings.
"When I'm on stage, I love it. It's the biggest high.
It is so cool being out there. I mean I've done a lot of different entertainment. This is my love."
The group recently performed at The Cutting Room in New York City, to a crowd of around a hundred people. Audience member, Laurel Hartmann said she loved the concert.
Said Hartmann, "I thought they were great. I was a little surprised because I didn't know what to expect. But they are very talented and confident. And it is encouraging and inspiring I think."
Gerasimos Efthimiatos said the show was worth watching, "I think that they are original. Definitely. I had never heard of them. This is the first time. I think that they are funny and original. And I like them."
They may be less than five feet tall, but in full make-up and costume, rockers mini-Kiss prove they are no little talent.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.